Chapter 15

"Aria I need the money!" Jeremy yells from downstairs. I sigh and set down my book. I grab my wallet from the table and head downstairs. I smile at the pizza guy and open my wallet. I take out 30 dollars and hand him it.

"Keep the change." I smile.

He smiles, "You have yourself a good night." I frown as he walks out the door and shuts it behind him. Uh, since when is a pizza guy that nice? I grab the pizza and head over to the table with Jer. "Pizza is served." I bow. Jeremy laughs and opens the pizza taking a piece.

"It has been too long since we have had pizza." Jeremy sighs in delight as he takes a bite.

"Ugh, I know. Pizza is like heaven on Earth." I smile.

"Hey! You're not allowed to say that because you only ever eat at most 3 pieces." Jeremy frowns like it's a crime.

"It's not my fault I am skinny." I pout.

"Yeah it is, two years ago you ate only carrots for a week because you gained one pound." Jeremy teases.

"Yes but that was when I was a naive 14 year old. Now I am a very mature 16 year old." I smirk.

"Ha mature." Jeremy snorts. I gasp and throw my pepperoni at him. He glares at me then throws some cheese at me. And that is what starts the most epic food fight.

Having a food fight with my brother in the kitchen almost makes me think I have a normal, non-vampire life. Almost.

------

"It's so pretty, thank you." Caroline smiles at me. I gave her a vervain necklace that Elena gave to me who got it from Stefan. "What's the occasion?"

"Can't I just give my best friend a gift?" I playfully glare at her.

"Lesbian friend necklace, cause we're freaky like that." Caroline smirks then winks at me.

"Caroline I would gladly become a lesbian for you." I say in my best lovey, dovey voice.

Caroline laughs, "Well I already have my eye on someone else."

"Ohhh, Matt? Is that why you have been avoiding Elena all week?" I question smiling a little.

"Yeah but we've only hung out a few times. I just feel like we've peeked as friends, you know?" she says.

"Of corse I know, look at me and Tyler. Best friends one day then a couple the next." I smile then frown. "Actually don't use that as an example, I don't think it's the most inspiring one."

But unfortunately Caroline took it to heart. "Thanks for the example Aria, I really needed that." she picks up her stuff and storms off.

"Care! I didn't mean it like that!" I shout but she ignores me. Seriously? Was it that big of a deal? I sigh and open my lunch. I take a bite of my sandwich and feel slightly embarrassed about eating alone.

Ugh, I am such a loner.

------------------------------

"I can't believe you two are adopted." Bonnie says shocked. "I never saw it coming."

"You know what's weird though, on our birth certificates it lists Miranda and Greyson Gilbert as our parents." Elena explains, I sigh and stare at my fry. Does any thing in this world ever make complete sense?

"Which is why you two should ask Jenna." Bonnie urges while Elena and I groan. Elena is not very happy either about Jenna keeping that from us. "First of all the Elena I know will always want the truth, you two Aria."