One Step Closer To The Unwanted

I sat there rubbing my chin. What did I want to know about Robin Clair? Nothing really interesting came up into my head, so instead, I just typed in  into the google search bar, 

Robin Oswald Clair 

Sure enough, there were tons of sites and videos about him which didn't surprise me all that much. Even though I didn't know much, any normal person didn't either, just his name and his company. I shook my head, what was I doing? Looking for conversation starters? All of this would be done in a matter of hours, then I'll be gone off to Paris,trying new things, hopefully meeting new people, and making the memory of a lifetime. 

I check my watch, 6 more hours till the surgery. I stood up to go get some sort of drink, but something on the screen caught my eye before I did. 

"Robin Clair and the Mystery Girl?" lit up on the screen. I clicked it and read on. 

'Mr.Clair has brang a beautiful mysterious girl to the Clairs wedding anniversary. Although his past critics have called him cold-hearted, could this wonder girl be the game changer he needs?' 

A picture was shown of them hand-in-hand, but the girls' photo was blurred. Next to that photo was a close up of the girl. I look long and hard at it, for some reason, it screamed familiarity.  I saw it was published quite a long time ago, therefore I lost interest and went for that coffee that I was desiring before.

On my way to the cafeteria, I saw a girl moping. Although she looked nervous and clammy, something else intrigued me. Her blonder hair was tied up into a messy bun and her dark circles were undeniably visible. Somehow, I felt for her, she looked as if she was missing something in her life. I rerouted my path to meet her face to face. 

"Hi, do you want some coffee?" I ask trying to hide the sorry in my eyes, masking it with a wide grin. She nodded her head, giving me a wry smile. "I'd like that very much, thank you." I nod my head, leading the way to the cafeteria. 

I handed her a cup of coffee, not knowing if it was fresh, but it sure was hot. I took a sip, burning my tongue, but played it off cool, at least...I think I did. I cleared my throat before starting a conversation, "So, what's your name?" 

"I'm Emily, and your Ro's , sorry I mean Robin's, doctor right?" she asks seeming to calm down a bit. 

"Assisting, but none the less, will be operating on him, yes. The name's Aspen." I said with bright eyes. 

"Is something wrong? From what I saw, you seemed out of it," she looked at me with wide eyes, "I mean..." I scratched the back of my head, " I don't mean to be intruding or anything, just thought you needed some energy and someone to talk to." 

"It's nothing, really. I guess there's just a lot of things going on right now." she says her expression softening after my 'amazing' save. 

"Like what?" she looked at me as if she was fighting back her thoughts of going on, but my pleading eyes pulled her thoughts out faster. 

"Well first off, I need sleep but it just doesn't seem to be happening. I don't know which to choose, coral or sea blue, I mean, they are basically two completely different colours, I would rather much have something more simple, like black and white.  The bakers for the cake is just making everything confusing, I mean how hard was it to mix ingredients and put icing on it. DO NOT even get me started on Robin. Don't get me wrong, Asher's a nice guy, but like he always get's so angry..." she continued on and on for a good 10 minutes before pausing, almost as if all her thoughts were drained now, "Sorry, I was rambling, wasn't I?" her cheeks flushed with a faint red. 

I laugh, I was just sitting there nodding my head at something that I didn't even know about,          "It's fine." 

"Thanks, for this," she says gesturing her cup of coffee which was half empty or half full, whatever it was, "I needed this." 

"No problem, it was just a coffee." I shrug. She was now in deep thought, staring contently into my eyes, making me plaster on a confused face, "What? Is there something on my face?" I ask, rubbing my cheeks and eyes making sure there wasn't. 

"No, it's just, usually I make nicknames for people. I don't know what yours would be." Now I was thinking, I never really had a nickname, except one, which I will never even think of again. Hmmm, Pen? Nope. As? Hello no. I got it, "Just call me A or something. My regular name is good too." I suggested happily but was only returned a sad smile.

She looked down to her lap, unfocused liked before. 

"Is everything alright?" at that her eyes were glossy and whispered under breath, so quiet I almost didn't catch it. 

"Lexi..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  *Photo was of Alex's close up* 

Next Chapters Title- The Unwanted Reveal

(Next chapter is coming tomorrow. ;)) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

This was a pretty long chapter...but...

Hey guys! As always, thank you for the support with every chapter I post, it really means a lot. I always try to post these earlier but always run out of time, which reminds me, I live in Canada, and school starts on September 6th, but I still plan on publishing often, and maybe even earlier. 

I can't tell if this is a filler or not. So any feedback? I'm just itching to publish the chapters when Aspen goes to Meilleur U, it's going to be juicy. 

Luv you guys <3

-Suis-