*Chapter Four*

Anna

"Let's take a picture, Tyler. That will get Sara of my back." Tyler takes the phone out of my hand and turns it around so he can take a picture of us. We're in Brussels, in the central place to be exact, and it's absolutely stunning. I'm not sure where to look first with all the majestic beauty around us.

We arrived in Belgium yesterday afternoon. I worked very hard for the rest of the day, so I could take some time off today. We've been sightseeing and just enjoying each other's company all morning. I already dread going back to the hotel and the piles of schoolwork that are waiting for me.

"Smile, Anna. Or did you want me to take a picture of your big frown?" I look over and smile at Tyler just as he takes a photo.

"Aww look at this. What a cute picture." He holds the phone out to me, so I can see it too. I know he's making fun of me right now because I look at him like a lovesick puppy. I have to agree though, it is a very cute picture.

"Oh shush it. You know you love it." I snatch the phone out of his hand before he starts taking pictures of me looking all embarrassed.

"Of course I do." He pulls me close to him and rests his forehead against mine. "I like seeing you out here with me, actually enjoying yourself and not stressing out for once."

"I know. It feels good too. We're almost there. Even though it feels like forever, it's just around the corner now." I whisper, our lips just inches apart.

"Can't wait to have you all to myself again."

"Tyler, I.." Before I can get any more words out, he closes the distance between us and our lips meet in a soft kiss.

After a few minutes we pull apart, and I feel a little lightheaded.

"Let's go get some Belgian waffles. I saw a great place earlier." He starts walking, pulling me after him. "You can take another cute picture when we're there." He winks at me and I have to laugh.

Tyler comes to a sudden halt in front of a gift shop, and I have to stop him before he can pull me inside with him. "I'll just wait here for you, ok? I'll upload that picture quick for Sara."

"Of course. Be back in a second."

My phone vibrates with an incoming text message not even ten seconds after I posted the photo of Tyler and me on Instagram.

Sara: That picture is adorable. I want more. Hope you're having fun. Miss you.

Me: I'll take one of the Belgian waffle I'll get in a few minutes. Hope that'll make you happy.

Sara: As long as you're in it too, it'll make me very happy. Tyler wouldn't hurt either.

Gosh, that girl can make me laugh like no other.

Me: Duly noted. I'll see what I can do.

Sara: He looks very happy. Did you tell him?

Me: Way to dampen the mood.

Sara: I guess that means no. Just do it already, Anna. It'll only get harder the longer you wait.

"Hey, beautiful." Tyler puts his arm around my shoulder, and I almost drop my phone. I shove it into my bag as fast as possible. "Are you keeping secrets from me?" He chuckles, and I think I feel a little sick.

"What? Why would you say that?" This would be a great moment to tell him, but I chicken out. As usual, my nerves have taken over again.

"I was just joking. Come on, let's get that waffle before heading back to the hotel." He gives me a long hug, and I close my eyes, unhappy with keeping things from him.

"Let's go." I take his hand and let him lead the way, my appetite suddenly gone.

*****

Any better idea now of what's going on? 🤷

Is Tyler cute or what? 😍

Hope you liked the chapter. ❤❤❤