Hajime x Nagito - Broken Promises

Hajime's POV-

I was sitting on the couch with Nagito, my boyfriend. This was the day. It had officially been five years since he had told me about his condition. He could die any day now. Thinking about losing him hurts, so I might try to avoid doing that for now. I clutched a hold of his hand and squeezed tightly. "I know, you're upset, Hinata-kun, but... Trash like me isn't worth being torn apart about." Nagito said, looking at me. "Just... Not right now, I don't want to have to deal with this whole 'trash' thing..." I murmured.

My eyes were clouding over now. "Hinata-kun... You really are upset, aren't you?" Nagito asked. I nodded and then let go of his hand. I slammed my hands onto his shoulders and looked him in the eyes. "A quick question, Nagito. Would I be crying my fucking eyes out about this if I wasn't upset!?" I yelled, he flinched at my tone. I sighed, "Look, I'm sorry, Nagito... I didn't mean to yell at you, it's not your fault that you were born the way... you are, I suppose." I apologised.

Nagito smiled, "It's nice that I get to spend my last years with somebody like you, Hinata-kun. Ever since I was diagnosed, I thought I'd have to die alone... Well, I can erase that thought from my mind, I guess." He said warmly. I thought about everything in my head. He could die in five minutes and I wouldn't expect it. He could die in another five years, I don't really know. It was scary, thinking about this. My open palm clenched into a fist.

"Hinata-kun? Are you uncomfortable?" Nagito asked. I looked over at his sweet, smiling face and then I couldn't help it. Tears rolled down my face. Nagito didn't say anything, he leant in and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face into his hair and I continued crying. I didn't want things to be like this. I wanted there to be a cure for his disease, but there wasn't. There wouldn't be a cure in time. "You don't need to be so upset over me, Hinata-kun." Nagito said, attempting to comfort me. It wasn't working very well.

"Nagito... I do need to be upset because... because when you go... You won't be here anymore..." I said in between sobs. Nagito tightened his grip around me. He sighed and then moved his face to kiss me on the cheek. "I'm sorry that I'm upsetting you, Hinata-kun." He whispered into my ear. His hot breath on my ear would usually make me shiver, but today, it just made me cry even more. Soon, I wouldn't be able to have him hugging me like this and whispering into my ear.

He let go of me, making me start. "Why'd you... let go...?" I asked, then sniffled. "Because... I have to... I have to do something." He murmured, his cheeks red. He leant in and kissed me on the lips, not seeming to mind that he was also kissing where my tears were. I kissed him back and tried to keep myself from crying. I felt Nagito's arms wrap around my waist. I felt more relaxed, but still rather depressed. I mean, Nagito's life was about to end. How could I be FULLY calm?

Nagito pulled away from me. I looked back at him and forced a smile. He smiled back at me. This was nicer than thinking about the day he left me. Hugging Nagito put my mind to rest. I'm not sure if this was the same for him though, because his mind never well and truly rests. I looked up at the clock on the wall. "Oh shit... It's really, really late..." I mumbled. Nagito nodded, "I guess so, let's go to bed, alright?" He said and grinned at me. I slowly nodded.

I couldn't sleep tonight, I'd have to watch Nagito. Check his pulse every now and then and put my ear up to his chest to check his breathing. Maybe I was being slightly dramatic, but it had to be done. I took off my shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed and got into bed. Nagito soon walked into the room and turned off the lights.

I watched Nagito get into the bed. When he was fully in the bed, I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his chest. "Goodnight, Hinata-kun..." Nagito whispered into my ear seductively. "Wait... Nagito, stay up... Please... I need to hear you voice more..." I murmured. Nagito sighed, "I would stay up for you any day, Hinata-kun..." He mumbled. He leant over and kissed me on the cheek. I could feel my face heating up. Damn it, I was just so tired. But I can't sleep, not now. I have to watch over Nagito...