Chapter 4 - Family? You're Not My Family.

Forgotten

Chapter 4 - Family? You're Not My Family.

.

My fingers dug in my knees painfully as I sat in the office Aaron had led me to, where the man from before had told him to take me. I hadn't been truly scared being in this place. It hadn't been bad with what Aaron had given me- despite when he tried to touch me. But now I was terrified.

Who was this man?

Did he know Richard?

Had he called him?

So many questions flitted through my mind and every single one of them increased my fear, my need to get away. Of course I couldn't really do that anymore. I sat against the couch far inside the office. To leave this room I would have to pass the small group of gathered men, talking quietly as if I couldn't hear them. They were the ones that had captured me and brought me here, as well as the older man that wanted me in the cells and Aaron himself.

Right now Aaron would be the one I could know to try and keep me safe. It was probably the fact that I was his brother- whatever that meant. Did it mean like a fake person or double? Richard had never spoken about brothers- Will wouldn't know that either, would he?

I had to help them.

"Cody" a voice says and I tense when Aaron approaches, stopping a couple feet from me. "You okay? You seemed pretty spooked back there. Don't worry- Alpha Viktor is a big man, but he's a big teddy bear. Trust me." I didn't trust him at all. He moved away from me again and I strained my ears to hear their soft conversation.

"...fucking off I tell you" one of them says slowly. "You gotta admit it, Aaron. Just because he looks like you it doesn't mean he's your twin- or your family. That kid over there is not your family."

"He fucking is" Awron growls under his breath, "You don't know how this fucking feels. I just found out I have a brother- I have someone that could tell me where I come from. Who the hell I am."

"You're Beta of this pack" the familiar voice of the man that had ordered me to shift says. "That's who you are."

"You don't get it, James, none of you do" Aaron stresses. "He is my brother. For all I know he met our parents, knows where they are. He has so many things I've wanted to know all my life. I have to know. He's family and he is the only one that can tell me."

Family. What's a family?

"You sure about that?" another man says and there's a pause as I glare down at my knees. "Look at him. You seriously think he knows your parents? He doesn't exactly look all sunshine and rainbows, dude. Not to mention he's a rogue- what the hell do you think made him one? Growing up as one."

Just then the door opens and my breath catches when that familiar, terrifying aura enters the room, my heart completely stopping when another strong aura follows it. There were two of them. Oh shit, would they hurt me? Or worse, turn me over? They wouldn't hurt me, would they? Aaron said they wouldn't! He said-

"Viktor, fucking finally" the one that sounded like James, Aaron had said his name, says. I peek up through my lashes as my heart jumps to my throat with each second. It was going to rip from my chest, I knew. "We have a damn congress in here. They want the kid in a cell and interrogated. Aaron wants the kid left alone." I agree with Aaron. Definitely. "Milo" he adds and I can only say that's the second aura. God, why two of them?

"That's Aaron's twin. He's the one to decide what he wants to do with his brother" Milo speaks up, his voice smooth and deep, still sending tremors of fear through me.