Chapter 6 - Mate

Forgotten 

Chapter 6 - Mate 

.

I shake my head quickly, feeling my stomach ache as if something had dropped inside of it, weighting me down. The terror that gripped my insides was almost as strong as how I felt towards Richard. I barely managed to come to terms with two Alpha's in the house- not counting the woman that Aaron said were Milo's family. No, I wouldn't meet another Alpha. For all I knew this one did know Richard.

For all I knew this one would send me back.

"Cody, he only wants to-"

"No" I growl, curling my lips back in a snarl, when he tried to reach to me. They'd given me food and water and clothes, but that didn't mean I trusted them. I still wanted to leave and I still wanted to go help Will and the others. If I got sent back there I wouldn't be able to help them escape.

"He won't hurt you, Cody" Aaron begs, his hands on his knees as he sat across from me. "I've met Michael before and he's a decent man. He isn't even the Alpha of the pack. His younger brother, Jefferson, is the one that attacked you on the border. Michael only wants to apologize to you."

"He doesn't know me" I spit out, moving back on the couch as I try to get away from him. "Why would he apologize to me if I've never seen him."

"Jefferson was wrong to attack you" Aaron states, leaning back to run his fingers through his hair. "You clearly weren't attacking and you only were passing through. Not all rogues look for trouble- besides you're with this pack now. He technically attacked one of our members." I shake my head again and he sighs heavily, before looking back at Milo, who rubs his jaw.

"He's already on his way. It would look back to decline two Alphas" he mutters, his eyes moving to me. Two Alphas?! He winces at my wide look, "Michael is bringing Jefferson so he could properly apologize."

Aaron faces me again, "Look, he knows you're my brother. The whole reason he's coming to apologize is because he knows how important this is for me. He's a great friend, Cody, I promise. He's not going to hurt you and if you want him gone, he leaves."

"What if he knows him?" I stress, feeling my heart race again at the thought of him knowing Richard. What if he calls him? Brings him here? I didn't want to go back, I didn't. "What if he brings him here?"

"I trust Michael with my life" Aaron murmurs, giving a small nod my way. "I assure you I can trust him with yours, too."

"They're here" Ollie says with a lick of his lips as he straightens in his seat, sending me a small look. "Peter just saw them come into the territory. He's bringing them here."

I feel the breath rush out of me and I shake my head again as I turn to Aaron, feeling my eyes water again. I've never cried before, not after Richard lashed at my back for doing so. I still had those scars- they never truly healed either. The brand on my shoulder also didn't heal- he made them with iron.

Aaron sits up and extends his hand to me slowly, turning his bright blue eyes to mine and holding my gaze, "I promise I will always protect you, little brother" he murmurs, sending an ache through my chest. I didn't feel what he felt- I didn't know what he was feeling, but his words sent a wave of comfort towards the presence in my head. He seemed to trust Aaron and I trusted him, so I guess Aaron was trustworthy. "I'll protect you for the rest of my life if I have to. I have to make up for all these years."

"You'll keep them away?" I murmur softly, watching his shoulders slump and his fingers relax.

Suddenly, Ollie jerks up in his seat, his eyes widening while his mouth drops open with a sharp gasp. He turns to us, throat working as he shook his head in surprise, "Michael found his mate" he says.