Chapter 7 - The Bad Man's Brand

Forgotten

Chapter 7 - The Bad Man's Brand

.

Prostitution.

The word sounded nasty, sounded worse than it actually felt, more than how I actually saw this. It made my gut churn as the word rolled out of Viktor's lips, how it filled the silence in the room after that. It left a thick feeling in my throat and the word itself made me feel nasty.

For all my life I had worked for Richard, I had done what he asked, let others touch me because he demanded it. I was used to it. I didn't like it but it was all I knew, all that felt normal to me. Now that I have gone days without anyone touching me, I liked it. I liked not having to feel that pain on my hips, on my ass, of having to be taken back to the room while in pain.

I never wanted to feel that ever again.

I took in the word, testing it in my mind and it made me sick, it made feel itchy with disgust. I wanted to wash my skin clean, to take off any reminder of what they had done, but that was never going away- as would the brand on my shoulder. I reached up unconsciously and rubbed it, remembering the burn it had left on my skin. The pain.

Then I felt bile rise in my throat when he said I'd been a prostitute my whole life, that what Richard had done was wrong. That all those men had to pay, and not in money, jail. They deserved prison for doing this to us.

I tilt my head a little and look at Viktor, "If it's wrong, then why did it feel good? Something bad shouldn't feel good. I didn't ike it, but... It's confusing. I didn't like them touching me but when..." I frown, watching him take a deep breath.

"No, what they did wasn't good. As for how you felt, the body works in strange ways, Cody. There's so many reasons why your body liked it, but to put it simply, just because your body did, doesn't mean your mind did. It's all you were taught. I'm impressed that you still have your own mind after your life."

I hum with a nod, "Will taught me a lot" I say rubbing my knee. "He wasn't born there. He says he remembered outside, that he remembered people and a house" I shrug. "Will is the oldest in the room. He's twenty one." I watch as Aaron takes a deep breath, fingers twitching before curling into fists. "It's weird because everyone usually leaves when they turn twenty. Will says they sell us permanently. He still has lots of clients every week. Maybe that's why he hasn't sold Will."

Aaron ran his fingers through his hair and he opened his mouth before my stomach rumbled and I felt my eyes widen. He smiles softly and moves from his place, stopping a couple feet from me, "Why don't we go get you some food?" he asks, tilting his head to the door.

Food sounded nice. I nod and my eyes nervously go to the two- four- Alphas we had to pass by to get to the door. Right now Aaron was the only shield I'd have to get through them, so as much as I didn't want to, it was the only way and I find myself raising to my feet, slowly grabbing the sleeve of his long shirt. His lips part a little and he looks down at my hand but before I can yank my hand away he only smiles widely and takes a step.

"Come on. I want you to try some spaghetti. You're gonna love it" he assures as I walk beside him, having only him to stand between those four powerful men. We approach the door and I slowly look over my shoulder, feeling my heart race when I see Michael already looking at me, his golden brown eyes already on me. My eyes turn to Milo and my brows furrow a little at the look on his face before I was led around the door.

That was weird. His eyes hadn't been on me, they were on Michael. His jaw had been clenched, his knuckles white, and his shoulders tense. His eyes though... they were looking at Michael almost longingly. What did Milo want from him? The presence at the back of my mind felt agitated, angry, pained. It wanted something, but I didn't fully understand it other than the fact that it wanted Michael. And that wasn't happening.