Chapter 8 - First Kiss?

Forgotten

Chapter 8 - First Kiss?

.

Michael didn't stop looking at me.

It was trance, turning around and seeing his eyes on me, how his fingers were twitching, his legs moving then locking as if he was stopping himself from doing something. It didn't exactly scare me... because Aaron didn't really leave my side. He was always keeping me busy, maybe not busy enough because I noticed these small things.

Or maybe I was just extremely aware of Michael.

I didn't know which one scared me the most.

Turning back to Aaron, it was only him, Milo, Michael, and his brother- his pack- at the moment. At least until Dexter and August walked in, snickering with each other before coming to the table and leaning on the other side, "What you doubles up to?" August asks.

I hum down at the paper and pencil and inhale slowly, "Aaron is showing me how to write my name" I say and lick my lips. "Its very hard. Can you write your name?" I ask and rub my temple, "Of course you can" I mutter. "You learned this when you're five. Then I was..." I shrug again in impatience. "This is hard."

August takes a seat and crosses his arms, "Actually I had a hard time learning to write" he says and I look up at him curiously. "I couldn't hold the pencil and I'd break them because it came out looking like shit. Just don't get pissed and keep practicing. That's the only way you're going to get better at it."

"Okay" I nod slowly.

I look up when Ollie walks in and his eyes go to Aaron and the others, "Alpha Viktor needs you. He wants to talk about sending someone to check the area out. I'll stay with him" he adds, eyes turning to me.

"I need to go" Aaron says, his eyes moving to me. "You're good staying here for a while with Ollie? I'll be back as soon as I can" he adds. I shrug and look back down at the paper, and try writing my name out again.

Ollie practically jumps to my side and I give him a glare when he takes a seat beside me, looking down at my paper. Aaron, August, and Dexter stand up and leave the room, leaving me with Ollie and the two Alphas. Ollie peers over my shoulder and giggles at my attempt to write my name. "You know, you can try practicing each letter by itself then try it all together?"

I look up at him in wonder and blink with a nod. I look down at the first letter, C, and slowly start writing it anywhere on the paper. When I'm positive I have it and Ollie nods in excitement, I go to the next letter, O, which I remember when Aaron told me. That one was the easiest and soon I was writing the last two, the D and Y. When I have them all down, I start writing them together and smile when it comes out- decent.

"That's pretty good" Ollie praises and leans closer with a nod, "Want to learn how to write Aaron's name?" he asks.

"Yes!" I nod, hoping that at least with this it would make Aaron still want to keep me safe. Maybe he'd be grateful and not let me go back. He wouldn't take me back.

"Okay, so here's how you write it" he takes the pencil and his writing was absolutely pretty. Way better than mine. Aaron. "This is-" he named each letter and gave me back the pencil. "Try it." But my mind had wandered already.

I wanted... I wanted to write Michael's name.

The urge was strong. And for once... the thought wasn't said by the presence in my head. No, even if it totally agreed with the little thought.

Get rid of Ollie.

I swallow hard and start lowering the pencil on the paper, starting with the A. "Hey, Ollie" I start nervously and he raises an eyebrow, "Can I get a sandwich?"