Chapter 20 - Jamie's and Mia's Graves

Forgotten

Chapter 20 - Jamie's and Mia's Graves

.

Will hadn't exactly said anything about what Richard had said. He was silent and he looked deep in thought, but he didn't comment on it. He would simply nod to any small questions but I don't think he was really hearing them. He was tuning us all out.

It had been two days already and Will hadn't mentioned anything about leaving. I was happy because he was making an effort... and he talked to Milo, too. It was more of grunts in response and narrowed looks but he didn't exactly attack anymore.

Milo wasn't giving up.

Through all of that, my mind kept wandering to Jamie and Mia. What had happened to their bodies? Had... had they been left to rot like Richard had said they would? I wanted to see them again but I didn't know where they were.

I look up slowly and see that my mate is already looking at me. Michael hadn't had a chance to get close to me- Will wasn't exactly fond of him yet. And we hadn't exactly had time to ourselves. I wondered if he still wanted to have sex with me or he was disgusted by all those men that touched me. I didn't know.

Will was watching Dexter and Ollie play zombies in the tv so I stood slowly and made my way to Michael. Will was entranced with the game and I knew he liked it. Milo was as close as he could to Will, which was on the couch to the side.

Jefferson slowly moves away from Michael and their friends follow. Then, it is Michael and me and I feel my heart race. "Hi" I mumble and hit myself in the head mentally. That's what I say?!

Michael's mouth twitches and he smiles slowly, "Hi" he says.

I bite my lower lip before peeking up at him and offering a small smile, "You brought me back" I say softly.

"I'd never let anyone take you from me" he says and swallows thickly as he reaches to my face. His fingers brush my cheek, "I will always bring you back to me" he murmurs and shrugs, "I did have help" he adds. I lick my lips and lower my eyes to my shoes, "Fuck, Cody, I was completely terrified when they took you." He was? "I went crazy without you, baby" he murmurs before sliding his palm around to my neck and he pulled me close, my arms locking around him.

I sighed in content when he clutched me against him, his face lowering to my hair. His arm slid around my waist and he locked me in place against his chest as I breathed in his familiar, fresh scent. "I tried to fight" I mumble against his warm chest. Michael tightens his arms a little more. "I really did but there were so many all the time."

"Shh" he finally says, his hands clutching my hair as if I would disappear. "It's over. It's over, Cody. I'm sorry." That confused me a little. Why was he sorry? But I don't say anything and instead let him hold me close. "But you're here now and I will never let you out of my sight."

I nod with a small smile- I didn't mind that at all. Tilting my head back, I study his face and I know it wasn't a dream. He felt too real to be a dream. I wanted to kiss him but I didn't know if he sold want to touch me or not. I already wanted to feel his hands on me. I missed him being soft and gentle with me. I did. I ignore my wolf though and tilit my head to the side, "What... did you do with Jamie and Mia?" I ask. Please don't say they were rotting on the grass. I wanted to cry at the thought.

Michael leans back and brushes my hair from my face as his eyes fill with pain. Pain for me, though, because they had been my family. "We buried them" he murmurs softly as he caressed my cheek. "They were your family so we buried them beside our pack members. I can take you to their graves if you want?"