Wattpad Original
There are 45 more free parts

Original Edition - Chapter 29: Thorne Blood

"Honestly Liam, this is embarrassing," I taunted.

Liam growled low to me, a warning. It was so easy to push his buttons. His wolf was super touchy when anyone pushed too hard, well, mostly when I pushed too hard.

He lunged at me and knocked me down. We rolled, and lucky for me I ended up on top. I socked him hard in the chest then jumped up and stalked backward.

My wolf was happy, the distraction Liam was providing calmed her down.

Today was Wednesday.

Today was the day that Evan would come to us.

After Levi hung up the phone he briefed me over my transfer, my wolf moaned sadly at the thought, she was so torn, and so was I. The night he told me that Evan was coming, I cried myself to sleep on Derek's shoulder. Thank God Derek was coming me. Apparently, Elliot would be here today and was going to travel with us. At least I had that much of my family going with me.

Every day that went by, it was like my heart became heavier and heavier while my nerves ate away at my soul. I felt like a time bomb had been strapped to my heart. It wasn't even bitter sweet, it was mostly bitter. I didn't want to leave my home or Levi. The only silver lining was the option to come back if I hated it, I was so happy this pack was on our border. My wolf was as well, it made her feel safe to know that Levi was nearby us.

But still.

My heart broke at the thought.

Everyday, my heart broke at the thought.

I would pass by Levi in the house, or see his wolf behind his eyes, and almost broke into tears. My wolf helped me keep it together though, everyday that drew near to Evan's arrival only made the itch more incessant. I felt like I was slowly breaking, like little pieces of my heart were chipping off.

How could I leave? It was a thought I had every day, yet in the same thought, I would wonder how could I not go? If I didn't, I was sure this itch would drive me insane, as was my wolf.

"Come on Char? I thought you liked being on top?" he shot back as he sprang to his feet.

I let out snarl vicious with a warning. "And I thought you liked being on the bottom?"

Liam's cocky smile faded quickly into a scowl as Remi and Derek bit back laughs. He lunged at me again; I dodged then kicked him in his kidney. He turned quickly and socked me good in my hip.

My beast snarled again. We hit him right in his shoulder then took our elbow and rammed it into his face.

He stumbled back a bit as blood started to trickle out of his mouth. "Dammit Char!"

"Afraid I'll ruin that pretty face?"

He spat some blood out to the side and wiped his mouth. "So, you think I'm pretty?"

I lunged at him and socked him hard once on the chin then again in his nose, breaking it. "Not anymore you're not."

He let out a vicious growl that my beast returned. His wolf was done playing, as was mine. I rolled off of him and back to my feet then started to stalk around him.

My wolf was close. So close. She wanted to have a go at Liam, a go at his wolf. The itch was driving her anger, her rage, and I was more than happy to let her empty it out.

"Shift," Remi called out.

Liam ran towards me and in that moment I lunged and let her come forward. We crashed into the ground; biting, snapping, clawing, and ripping at each other. My wolf sprang away and snapped her jaws in his direction, daring him to try again.