Chapter +2 ll Valentine's Day (His)

[A/N: its been 5 months since my last chapter update heh so i think maybe you would want to read up on the previous VDay chapter so that this chapter would make more sense and you can picture the story more dynamically keke. also we are at 1.6m reads & we reached #20 in romance yesterday omg thank you thank you thank you so much!! hope you like this updateeeee yeay!!]

Chris' POV

It's Valentine's Day.

It's the day couples get the chance to be disgustingly sweet and blame it on some shady history of a guy called St. Valentines.

For the entirety of my existence before Zoey, I hated Valentine's Day.

Partially because of all the sickening shit that the couples pull, some of which are outrageous fake, mainly because of how it's just another reminder of how love i such a deceiving notion that people use to manipulate others.

All I've learnt from the Valentine's Day, was to avoid going out at all cost. St.Valentines did not ask for this, all he wanted was for pure love to be commemorated, not all the disgusting PDA and 'forget about superman and spider man, I will be your man' shit.

But that was all before Zoey.

Fucking Zoey Summers that came tripping into my life as if it was nothing.

Months into the relationship, and I still have zero clue to what have I done in my previous life to actually deserve her, because it sure isn't my current self that did something good enough for someone like her to be in my life.

I could wax poetries about her and it still wouldn't be able to represent how grateful I am for her to be my other half.

I used to hate the concept of love - it's dumb and it's ridiculous, why the fuck would you entrust your everything into the hands' of someone that is not you? It's a foolish concept to make people weak and blind and trusting. But then again, the only example I had of a romantic relationship was of my parents' and look how that turned out, one of them is miserable and out of her mind, the other is somewhere across the world because he couldn't be bothered with us anymore.

So yes, I didn't grow up basking in parental love, I didn't get to see my parents actually love each other, it also didn't help that the society has such extreme verdicts about love. Either love is something so formidable that it can go against all odds or that love breaks you, hurts you and even kills you.

But then again, that was all before Zoey Summers.

A Zoey Summers who has no idea that she has changed my life to such a large extent.

And in a good way nevertheless.

She makes me want to be good for her, she makes me want to see the greater good in everything. She makes me feel loved and appreciated. She makes me happy and she taught me how to love. She keeps me grounded, she makes me feel at home.

And the fact that she does it so easily, just by being herself . . . it really makes me wonder how a person of her caliber ended up with someone like me.

So yeah, I'm becoming one of those sickening couples now, sue me.

As much as i still continue to detest Valentine's Day, this time round, I'm gonna make the day special for Zoey, for the both of us.

Provided that she doesn't mess my plans up like she always does.

-

Okay, Mission: Valentine's Day for Zoey.