History Lesson

Jared and I quietly sit around waiting for Marcus to wake up, suddenly he sits up gasping.

"Tell me what's going on." I demand.

Marcus pants. "Yeah okay, hey it's me the guy who just died."

"You both are already dead." I snap. "Why would you keep things from me?"

"We're just trying to protect you." Jared states.

I glare at him. "Who is he?"

"Klaus Mikaelson is part of the Original family." Marcus begins. "They are the very first vampires."

"Klaus however is notorious for his ruthless behavior."

"The Original family is truly immoral." 

"Well so are you." I point out.

"We can be killed." Jared states. "They cannot."

"What?" I question.

"The Mikaelson's have been around for a thousand years. They are the fast and the strongest things imaginable. Everyone knows if they show up on your doorstep you've probably done something to cross them."  

I shake my head. "I can't handle this right now."  I state heading to my room.

"Serena?" Jared calls after me.

I hold out my hand turning around to look at them. "I just, I need to be alone."

I open my door to see a figure by my window. Before I can scream a hand is over my mouth, I am quickly picked up in their arms as they jump out the window. He sets me down on the roof. I push him away taking a step back.

"Oh come now love, don't tell me you're scared of me?" He smirks.

I glare up at him. "It was you wasn't it? You're the one who saved me."

"You would make a marvelously detective." He states sarcastically.

"Well excuse me for not remembering what happened that night." I sigh angrily pacing. "What do you want? Why am I on the roof?"

Suddenly he has his hand wraps around my neck. "Carefully love most people who talk to me in that manner, never see the light of day again."

I push his hand away, actually surprised that he lets me. He his after all much stronger than me.

"Why am I up here Klaus?" 

"Well we don't want your little bodyguards to interrupt our fun now do we?"

"They're not my bodyguards." I growl.

He chuckles. "No of course not, two vampire take in a human, completely normal."

"What do you want?"

He quickly snatches my phone from my hand, entering my number into his phone. He hand my phone back a smirk on his face. He quickly sweeps me up taking me back to my room. He sets me down pulling me close to his chest.

"I'll be in touch." He whispers, his lips brushing against my ear.

He quickly disappears out the window and I'm left there dumbfounded, unsure if I should be scared or intrigued.