Chapter 29

Mason was standing there holding a big bouquet of roses.

"I wanted to surprise you with this. I hope you don't mind"

"I don't, thank you this is all lovely"

I sat down as he pushed my chair then sat in front of me.
I looked at the table to find pasta with Alfredo sauce my favourite.
I looked up to find that Mason was looking at me the whole time.
It seemed that the awkward silence wouldn't stop.

"How are you feeling?" He asked breaking the silence

"I'm better today thank you for asking. What about you how are you doing?"

"I'm better knowing your're better"

He smiled at me and slowly reached his hand on the table I saw it and reached for it.

"I wanted to ask you something" I said

"You can ask me anything Sophia"

"I was wondering when I could go back to my home?"

"This is your home" he said

"I meant Cameron's guest house"

"Why would you want to go there. Your a princess now and you live here with me" he said

"I...I I still have my things there I need time to pack them. And there a few things I wanted to give away"

"So just for a few hours? I can make that happen"

"Actually I was thinking more along the lines of a few days." I said

"Oh I thought things were getting better that we would try to make this work."

"I know and I'm sorry...."

"I just remembered I had something to do right now. I'll send you your ladies"

He walked away quickly before I could even get a word out.

I pushed my chair away and walked to my room.
No one stopped me on the way and I was thankful for that. Once I reached my room I walked to the bathroom.

Locking the door I leaned on it but I felt myself sliding until I hit the floor. Before I knew it I felt the tears running down my face.

(Mason's Point Of View)

Walking away from Sophia was probably one of the hardest things I've had done in my life but if I hadn't walked away I would've probably said something that i wouldn't have been able to take back.

I went to the only person that could help me right now.                                                   
Making sure to send a guard to stay with Sophia in case she decided to stay outside.

I found out where my mother was and before I could think more on it I walked into the meeting that my mother was in and as soon as she saw me she kicked everyone out and pulled me into her arms.                               
It made me feel like a child but it also comforted me.  

"What's wrong honey? What happened? What can I do to fix it? tell me?!"

"Sophia wants to leave mom. She doesn't want to stay here anymore."

"Leave and go where?"

"To where she originally lived. She made up the excuse of wanting to pack up her things I told her we can go there for couple hours but she wanted to stay over"

"Honey... Sophia isn't leaving you. She's scared. I understand what it's like to have a miscarriage. Everyone deals with it a different way. Sophia is trying to stay away from here because she lost the baby here. Instead of feeling this way. You can go help her pack you can ask her if you could spend time with her while she's there and if she says no tell her you respect her space. But make sure to have guards. Try to reach out for her. Don't push her away. Her way of dealing with things is to push people away you need to make sure that doesn't happen. While you do that I'll make sure to move her room and things to the other side of the castle. It might help her some way"

"thanks mom I'll go now"

I kissed her forehead and walked out and towards the guards in front of one of the door asking them if they have seen Sophia and they nodded telling me they have seen her about half hour ago walking to her room.

Walking towards her room myself now. I smiled with the plan I had in mind.
Reaching her room I knocked a couple times but no one answered.
I knocked some more yet I didn't get an answer.

I walked in and there was no one in sight.
I knocked on the walk in closet but when no one answered I walked in to find it dark. I checked the bathroom there was no there.

I walked out of her room and asked a couple of guards and one of them informed they've seen her leave with Cat and she had a small suit case.
And that she left few minutes ago.

Informing one of the guards to get someone to prepare my car while I ran towards my room.
I packed a couple of clothes into a duffle bag and walked towards my car.
With a new plan forming.

————————-
As always please don't forget to vote they make me super happy.

And if you have anything you would like to ask just comment.