{chapter 31}

"Girl lets go out sometime ! It's summer break miss you!" A text from Minnie read across my screen.

A bit back a smile and texted back, thanking about some wild times me and Minnie have had.

"Text me details" I replied

I set my phone down and turned on the sofa to face Phoenix who was also engaged in his phone. His jawline was sharp along with his nose making my eyes internally turn into hearts.

"Since we're starting brand new, I think you and my parents should try to build a relationship." I declared a bit randomly.

I wasn't going to lie, we were still rocky and my heart ached slightly. But we decided to start over, clean , everything from scratch and forgotten.

He raised a dark eyebrow at me and I returned it. "I'm going to call my mom tonight, and set up a dinner date with us and my parents ok?"

"Alright." He nodded , setting his phone in his lap,making my breathe in relief.

His effort was what made me stay.

"Alright babe, I'm off to work." He kissed me slightly on the cheek after a while and just making small talk and planning a few events we needed to attend, not wanting to overstep the boundaries.

"Alright, I'll cook dinner tonight. How does a buffalo chicken salad sound?" I asked him re picking up my phone and scrolling through my Pinterest feed.

"A salad for dinner?" He asked confused making me shake my head.

"It's about time we both started eating healthy." I began but playfully sighed at the look of his face. "Fine fine, I'll make some type of manly meal." I joked at him.

"Please and thank you. Alright bye love." He said one final time before closing the door.

I eventually got off of the sofa and made my way back into our closet where I slipped on a black sports bra and some grey jogging shorts. I really needed to keep in shape over the summer break. All of this drama with Nix and what not, honestly made me forget about my healthy habits.

I tied in my Nikes before grabbing my phone and ear buds before heading out.

I made sure I locked up before doing a quick calf stretch and starting my way outside for a nice walk/jog.

The sun was still out and I enjoyed it on my skin, hoping it would leave a golden glow.

I walked to a park close to the center of the city and close to our home, before I started my jog.

I enjoyed watching all of the children play and run around near the playgrounds and dogs happily play fetch.

I continued my jog, finally slowing down after the sun began to slightly set in the distance.

I walked and smiled at other joggers as I made my way to near bench.

I sat down and looked at my messages to see I had one from Nix.

"Have a great day, love you." It read making me smile softly.

"Be safe Nix, love you too." I typed back.

"What's a pretty girl like you, doing here all lonely?" A man, with a dark black beard approached me.

I gave a small smile "Just enjoying the day." I replied before turning back to my phone.

"Well, you enjoy your day." He said giving a tight smile and gave him a little wave. "You too"

As he walked away, a chill ran up and down my spine , giving me a bad feeling.