Chapter 16 - Asher's POV

Picture of a boozy chocolate cupcake. They're not very common, but they are generally used in birthday parties. Adult birthday parties.

Enjoy the chap!!!!

Asher's POV

"I'll be your partner to the club today." I declared. This was totally a genius idea. She'll get to experience a club for the first time and I can spend some time with her too. Not that I wanted to, just to get to know her better.

"No." Her reply was almost immediate, like she was prepared for these questions.

"Oh come on, I want you to experience this out of movies!" I desperately racked my brain for reasons about why would she want to go to a club.

"But I love movies. Why would I want to experience this out of the thing I love?" She whined.

Cunning counsellor.

"Because what they show in the movies is totally unreal." Fine, that's not exactly true. Movies aren't that different, but hey, if that gives her a reason to come with me then it's totally fine. It isn't like I want to spend time with her, I just don't want to be a loner in the club as my so called friends ditched me.

"I don't believe you." She crossed her arms around her chest which gave me a better view of her cleavage. Was I staring? No, yes, maybe, I don't know. Maybe for a sec there but definitely not long enough for her to notice.

"I'll prove it to you." Her expression told me that she was already partially convinced with my reason. Just a little more of my persuasion skills and she's in.

And just for your info, I have amazing persuasion skills.

"As if you can." She snorted.

"Trust me I can."

"I don't trust you." Ouch.

"You will after I prove you this."

"Prove it then." She said, accepting my challenge. I smirked.

And people, there you have my persuasion skills.

The club was just as I remember it. Crazy and fun. But I couldn't get crazy and have fun tonight because I had Jess beside me who I guess wouldn't appreciate the drunk me trying to seduce other chicks in here.

Jess, for that matter, hadn't spoke a word since we came in here. She looked around and studied everything carefully, like she was trying to absorb that all this was happening for real and not just a movie. That's exactly what I had done when I first visited a club. Ah, the naive old days.

"Let's go to someplace a little quiet!" I yelled over the music. She nodded but I'm not sure wether she heard me or not.

I took ahold of her hand and pulled her through the dancing and drunk crowd.

We made it. I'm saying this because I've lost many people in their, but not Jess. She made it out safe with me. That crowd gives a whole new meaning to stuffy. But Jess came out of it safely.

Or so I thought.

"How's the party, huh Jess?" I asked, looking towards her direction. But she wasn't there. It was some other chick who was so friking less clothed. In other words, she looked like a whore.