Chapter 6

"Why are you holding me hostage!?" I yelled as Lucas dragged me inside the elevator. "I don't belong here, you need to let me go"

"You do realized fighting with me about it isn't going to help your case" Lucas replied as he let go my arm and press the button.

"Why am I here?" I asked in barely a whisper this time. It was obvious that me yelling at him isn't going to get me answers or freedom. "Why aren't you letting me go?"

"You know too much" was all he responded before pulling me out the elevator with him.

"Know too much about what exactly?" I asked frustrated. "That you're some drug dealer or something? I was hooked on drugs for years, you helped me. Do you really think I'd go ratting you out or something? I don't eben know anything about you except your name...I still don't get it why you're keeping me here locked up here. I can't contact anyone, my mom, Katie, Nora? They're probably worried sick about me. Especially my mom... Please you got to let me go or contact her or something. She's sick and who knows what could happen if she worries about my disappearance too much..."

"She's fine" Lucas said cutting off my rambling.

"What!?" I asked surprised. "H-how did you...how would you know that?"

We were inside his apartment now and even though it was the first I was seeing anywhere outside the room he had me locked up in all these weeks, I didn't have time to focus much at anything. When he didn't respond but instead let go off my arm and started taking off his jacket before walking away from me I had to stop him. I ran in front of him putting a hand on his chest to stop him from moving another step. The dangerous looks I received from doing that had me withdrawing my hand instantly and apologizing.

"Sorry but... What do you mean my Mom is fine? How would you know that?" I asked him. Lucas only gave me a look which I'm guessing it meant he had seen her. "But how? How did you find my mom...how would you even know that's my mom or where to find..."

"She's quite young, I have to say" Lucas replied folding his arm across his chest. "I myself had a bit of a hard time believing she was your mother"

"She had me at 18" I responded. "How is she? How did you even know where to find her? How..."

"I have my ways" Lucas replied. "She was worried about you but I assured her you are OK as long as you do what I say?"

"What do you want?" I asked after hearing that. "Could you just leave her out of this? Just tell me what you want".

"I just need you to answer some questions I have" Lucas responded as he sat down on the sofa that was in the living room. I hadn't even had the time to noticed it before.

"Ok" I said hugging myself. I always hated when people try to figure me out. Lucas gesture to another sofa for me to sit but I declined by shaking my head. "I'm alright standing"

"I insist" Lucas said in a threatening voice which had me taking a seat immediately. "I'm just curious... How does a seemingly innocent girl like you ended up in a business like Alfredo's?"

Hearing Alfredo's name and remembering what happened to him made me tensed. I was immediately reminded that Lucas wasn't any ordinary guy-he was dangerous. And in addition to that, I hate remembering how my stepfather sold me to Alfredo.

Lucas voice was what snapped me out of my panic and reverie.

"The whole point of the question, is to get an answer Amy"

"Sorry... I... I was sold to him by my stepfather" I finally whispered. "Right after mom developed her heart condition, he just... He sold me to Alfredo in order to keep him high. And he just booked my mom into that nursing home"