Chapter 26

Note: I know I've been gone for long. Sorry. Please please please don't put me down about how long I've been gone, too much. I'm trying to get back in my game (writing game). Thanks, and I love you guys. 

*FYI, this chapter focuses a lot on Liam. I just... Liam makes me feel good. But it does have Charlie and Caine moments. Those are usually in all chapters.

(Pic on the side to apologize for being gone.)

Chapter 26

I was quiet the entire next day. Caine was in the house for a short while in the morning to check on me. I acted like the perfect little mate, which was completely unusual for me.

Caine picked up on it. He kept looking at me strangely, and asking me if I was okay. I told him I was fine. When he hugged me, I hugged him back. When he kissed me, I kissed him back. I didn’t do more than he asked.

“We still have a day before I have to leave, Charlotte,” he said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I placed my hands over his chest, but I didn't press myself any closer to him than I had to. Caine nuzzled his nose against my jaw, and I felt his hands traveling down my lower back. He was trying to pick me up, but I wasn’t really pushing him to go any further. It was hard, though. Everything inside of me was shouting at me respond to Caine’s touch.

“I thought you were going to be busy all day,” I said, trying to keep my voice from showing the reaction I was feeling from the way he was kissing down my neck.

“I could spare a few hours, if you have anything in mind,” Caine suggestively said, pulling away to look down at me.

Those were the moments I would have usually crashed my lips against his, or teased him until I distracted him enough and we ended up mating.

“Not really. If you have to go, you can leave. I don’t want to keep you,” I said, pecking his cheek and pulling myself away from his arms.

Caine seemed stunned for a few minutes. He was just looking at me like if I’d just done something crazy. I smiled, and left the room before he snapped out of it.

Caine followed after me as soon as I walked away. He was at the house for only thirty minutes, and he kept asking questions, all of which I answered politely. Several times he asked me if I was feeling sick, and he insisted on calling the pack doctor if needed.

Once Caine was gone, with a frown and an unsatisfied look, Adam came over to sit beside me in the living room.

“What are you planning?”

“I’m not planning anything.” My reply was met with a worried look from Adam.

“Liam is coming back tonight. If you’re going to do something, can you wait until he gets here?”

“What?” I laughed.

“That way I’m not the one who gets in trouble,” Adam shrugged.

“I’m not planning anything, Adam. But if I was, I would wait until Liam got here.”

Adam looked relieved, although I wasn’t sure if it was because I admitted that I was up to something or because I was going to wait until Liam arrived.

Lesley had finally clued me in on why Liam was back. Since Caine was leaving, he thought Liam was the only one who I would listen to. With the exception of Victor, who was also leaving with Caine, everyone else either feared me because I was their Luna or respected me too much to stop me from doing anything ‘reckless’.