Chapter 1

Bryn Atkinson's POV

I woke up to the feeling of the plane shaking, no doubt in my mind I thought we were going to crash. At some point, the plane finally settled, easing my shaken nerves.

"Sorry bout' that folks, turbulence tends to happen sometimes upon landing." The air attendant said.

Well, that's great.

I hated the thought of being on a plane ever since I would watch the news, the horrific stories of plane crashes, or missing planes with more than three hundred missing passengers.

It's gruesome I tell you.

The plane came to a skidding stop, people basically flying to get out through the door. I take my time getting my belongings, it wasn't really much. Child Services would send the rest of my stuff to my new address with my father. I was sent to live with him since my mother was sentenced to jail for child neglect. My little sister, Charlie, died from an asthma attack when I wasn't home.

She was in the care of my mother, who was a drug addict. Of course, she thought it was a great idea to smoke in the house. Charlie was crying and wheezing, the pain in her chest was unbearable. By the time I got home, Charlie wasn't breathing, and my mother didn't have a care in the world. I called an ambulance, hoping the paramedics could revive Charlie.

The only problem was that she was long gone.

My mother was sentenced to ten years for involuntary manslaughter. The court added ten more years because Charlie was just six years old.

"Twenty years isn't enough." I thought. I was shocked when they said she was only serving twenty years. She deserved to rot in jail for the rest of her life, Charlie was only a child, she was so excited to start first grade. Her whole life was flushed down the drain because I wasn't there. Because I couldn't stop the being that brought her into this world. I cried at how ironic it was.

She brought a human being into this world, and then she just took it away. She took Charlie's life away, and she deserves to pay. Anger was coursing my veins as I indignantly took my luggage. My mood dropped, I was excited to see my brother and my Dad as Charlie died three days ago. I decided to mourn with my family.

The funeral is held on Wednesday, the day after tomorrow. Charlie would be buried in Illinois, my new home. I accordingly get off the plane and afterward go get my dog, Rosco. Rosco is a three-year-old Rottweiler, whom I rescued from getting put down for no apparent reason. Anyways, I proceeded to walk out of the airport when I saw who was picking me up, my older brother, Aspen.

He gave me a sad smile, already knowing about the situation. He opened his arm, the other still in his front pocket, asking for a hug.

He and I hugged like we haven't seen each other in forever, and that's because we hadn't.

The only connection I had was visiting him and my dad a few times a year, and Skype. The sibling bond is pretty strong, even though it has been six years since our parents divorced. My mom and dad split before my mom even knew she was pregnant with Charlie. My dad would send us a good amount of money like a good father, but my mother had other plans for using it. I'm sure you guessed what she used it for.

I watched as Aspen stuffed my bags in the back of his trunk, he wasn't one to reveal his emotions, but I know deep down he was hurt by our sibling's death. We were similar in ways, but sometimes I just don't see it. He inherited more of my dad than I did. The pale skin and green eyes. I, on the other hand, look a bit more like my mom, who is Mexican.

I took on the Grey eyes and light tan skin, but Aspen and I both got our father's dark brown hair. Charlie had light brown hair, pale skin, and big blue eyes. My dad is British, and people would compare Charlie to my grandmother a lot.

"Slow down will ya?" I scolded, trying to grab on to something. Aspen was behind the wheel already, fuming red when I looked at him, that's what happens when he bottles up. He did slow down and looked out the driver's seat window over and over. His bottom lip started to curl forward while his eyes frowned downwards. Right then and there I understood he wanted to cry. He has unshed tears threatening to spill, and his nose was turning red due to his pale skin.

I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him, which worked as he took deep breaths. At some point, we arrived home. In addition, my father was wealthy, loaded with money. He owned a company, I don't know what it consists of, other than the fact that he gets a good salary. Of course, standing in front of the large mansion doors was my Dad, waiting for our arrival.

Aspen stopped driving and got out of the driver's seat while, Nikolai, the most awesome butler, greeted me, and began to take my stuff out. I got out of the car and went straight to my dad with open arms. My father is tall, and young may I add. He's thirty-eight and already has a twenty-one-year-old son and a seventeen-year-old daughter. My mother got pregnant when she was surprisingly sixteen, at the moment, my Dad was eighteen and took responsibility for Aspen.

My parents got married when my mom found out she was pregnant with me two years later. It's pretty cool to have a young dad though. My father, whose name is Stephen, told me to go check out my room, which is on the second floor from what I recall. I nod, giving him another hug before dashing towards my room, Rosco following behind. I open the door and see the room is plain white, which is good because my dad knows I like to decorate it to my taste, being a bit creative.

I plop down on the bed, the only thing in here other than the usual furniture.

And that's when I let my tears fall once again.

-~-~-~-~-~-~

Hello there folks! I'm glad you chose to read this book, or at least giving it a chance.

I know the story plot, in the beginning, is sad, and I apologize for that. Anyways, thank you again for reading! There is more to come in the future!

Please, if you have time, check out my other books

Also, here is a pic of how Bryn looks like :)

(I'M TRYING TO FIND A NEW  CASTING FOR HER CONSIDERING I WROTE THIS YEARS AGO, BUT BASICALLY, SHE IS TALL WITH DARK HAIR ← NEARLY BLACK. BIG EYES AND A SMALL FACE. IF YOU HAVE ANYONE IN MIND JUST LEAVE A COMMENT SO THAT I CAN UPLOAD A PICTURE)

  Anyways, she looks exactly like this, like this photo only, cuz other times, you see the person in a different angle and it's just like "Woah that doesn't look like her"

Anyways, let's get this book more than a million views! VOTE\COMMENT\SHARE
do anything 😆

Anyways, keep the peace wattpadians 😁😄✌❤🙃💙💖