Chapter 61

First of all I apologize if you all got a notification saying this chapter was released and then saw nothing. That was my mistake I accidentally published it and I wasn't finished writing the chapter ❤️❤️❤️ Second, 19K WHAT THE HELL MAN! I can't even begin to describe how happy that makes me. Third, rereading my first couple of chapters makes me cringe. I've grown so much as a writer and I'm thankful. I'm thankful for all of you who also read, vote, comment. I love it. And I try to reply as much as possible and I also try to express my gratitude which is kinda what I'm doing here. I love that I get to talk to you all and get to know you all.

Thank you all so much. ❤️

Here's a special treat. 👇🏼

--

Aidens pov (oh yeah)

I woke up in the middle of the night with her on my mind. I'm use to it by now, it's been like this since the day we fell apart.

I toss and turn but end up getting up, maybe I can get some of this paperwork done in the meantime. I check my phone to see no phone calls.

I want to call her.

It's 4:32 in the morning. She's not going to answer you. Yeah but.. She'll see a missed call. Then she'll call me in the morning and ill get to hear her voice sooner then later.

I convince myself that it's a good idea and search for the paper with Elizabeth's number. I dial it and hesitate to click the button.

Oh what the hell

The first ring and I'm already shaking. I get out of my chair and walk to the bathroom. I pace as I hear the second ring. By the third I'm on my bed and looking up.

I sigh as I hear the fourth ring. And then nothing.

I lock my phone and rub my eyes, I picture her here with me. Laying next to me her small figure cuddling into my side for protection. I turn and try to imagine her smooth face. Her dark brown curly hair that I love so much and her big brown eyes.

I'm killing myself.

This whole time, these two years I've tried to move on but I couldn't. I think back to the disastrous dates that Fred made me go on. They were awful.

And that one night stand. I cringe at the thought. I had moaned Elizabeth's name. Absolutely mortifying.

I wince at the fact that it hasn't her. I left immediately after. It was 6 months ago and I haven't had any other connection with a woman since. I would convince myself that it would take time. I'm just not ready I would think.

But it's been two years.

I'm just never going to find someone like her. There's no one like Elizabeth. That's why I need her.

My phone rings and I stand up shocked. "Shit" I whisper. I go to reach for it and see Elizabeth's name on the screen. My heart drops to my feet.

I answer it with a shaking hand.

"Who is this? Why'd you call me I'm trying to sleep ass hole?" I hear her mumble some things and I can tell she's exhausted.