Chapter 1

A/N: Seriously bothered by people who keep saying this story is "Skam". When I wrote this, Skam didn't exist so please respect that it's a story with original characters and its own identity.

"We're getting married". Ok, stop right there. What? How? When? What the actual fuck? Married?
I didn't sign up for an attack to my poor, innocent 16 year old heart.

I think I fainted because mom was slapping my face repeatedly with "Evan" chorusing in my ears. After finally waking up, mom's brown eyes filled with concern were the first thing I saw. "I'm sorry baby are you okay sweetheart!?"

"Yeah, Yeah I'm fine. I thought I heard you say you're getting married or some shit like that"

Her guilty face revealed it all. She WAS getting married. I mean I know she had been seeing this Liam guy for like years, But marriage? It's a big step. Mom is not ready. I just know she's not ready for this. Don't question me. 

"Yes, sweetie, we're getting married, " she said cheerfully. She even clapped a few small claps like a teenage girl. 

"No mom you're not" I stated matter-of-factly. 

"Yes Evan, I am"

"No Linda you're not"

"Don't call me Linda"

"Don't call me Evan"

"It's your name"

"So is yours"

"But I'm your mom"

"And I'm your son"

"You don't call your mom by-forget it"

"Fine"

"Fine. I'm getting married"

"No. You're. Not."

I'm so winning at this argument Right? 

"We're moving out" and it happened again. 

More slaps. "You fainted again" 

"No, I didn't, " I said through a cloudy vision. And I could've sworn I smelled bacon. 

"Yes you did"

"No, I didn't, "

"YES. YOU. DID."

"Okay, maybe a little" I was starting to think that I'm not winning after all.

"So, we're moving out. In 3 days"

"I'm staying at grandma's"

"Grandma is dead." 

"Worth a shot" The joke is on her. I hated this place anyway. It was too downtown place. Liam's town is much better. I once went on a dinner with mom when she introduced me to Liam. We ate at a restaurant where he lives, which is like a 5 hours' drive.How have they even met?

The point is, it's a really cool place and it's calmer and less noisy than our urban apartment. We'll actually get to live in a two story house like those in movies. With a backyard and stuff. And maybe even a pool who knows. 

"Anything I can say that could change your mind?" Why am I even still arguing? Well, Iguess a part of me doesn't want to leave this loud place after all. It has its perks. It was home.

"Evan. Sweetie. There's nothing in the world you can say to change my mind. Do you have any idea how much I waited for this to happen? Liam is the best thing that ever happened to my miserable life" 

"Well, why don't you just rip my heart out mother dear." I faked hurt. 

"Sorry honey. You know you're what's keeping me grounded to this miserable excuse of a life so don't be dramatic about it"