Chapter One; The Outbreak

You just woke up, it's nice and sunny out, like a normal day would be, right? You jumped on your laptop to check out the latest news on Facebook, but all of a sudden before you could type in the Facebook link, Shawn calls you.

"Hey babe, whatcha doin'?"
"Nothing much, just checking news". You said.
"Ah, well. I'm at work. I wanted to tell you some news that I saw on aol.com this morning.. stay inside".

You start shaking, thinking this would be some bad news, like someone died in another car accident.. like usual.

"News..? W-what is it? And why do I need to stay inside..?" You said trembling with fear.

"..Is it another car crash?"

"..No.." Shawn said.

As the horrific word "No" came out of Shawn's mouth, you started to worry.

"A disease broke out.. in our town. There's going to be a town meeting at 2pm about it. I'll be home by then, so I'll be with you. In the meantime, STAY INSIDE. This disease is supposed to be death threatening and could wipe us all out." Shawn said.

You started to feel dizzy.
"D-disease..? No, no, no.. you're joking.. right, Shawn?" You said, worried as ever.

"I'm afraid not.. look, I'm just as scared as you are.." Shawn replied in fear.

You got yourself together and asked "Well.. what kind of disease? Ebola? Plague?"

"They have yet to say.. don't worry hunny. Well, I have to go.. I love you, bye." Shawn replied as he hung up.

"WAIT I STILL HAVE MORE QUESTI..-" you screamed as he hung up.

"Dangit.. He hung up. Well.. I'll search about this "disease" outbreak I guess.." you whispered as you slowly opened up your PC again.