Chapter 6.

After reading that entry, I wanted to stop. I wanted to respect my sister's privacy, but I couldn't. As much as I tried to stop myself, I couldn't help it. I left everything in the garage and made my way outside. I took a seat in the gazebo with Grace's journal. I felt guilt that I was even thinking about reading it, but I had to. Lucas isn't Hayden's Dad, so who is? I started with her first entry.

Dear Dairy,

Where should I start? Well I'll start off by telling you why I got you. Ever since my parents passed away I feel alone, like I'm drowning in my own thoughts. Sheila is an alcoholic prostitute. My sister, she's an amazing girl an all, but I feel like she doesn't understand that me and her are going through the same crap. I know she's younger, and I'm trying to be there for her but sometimes I wish she'd do the same. At this point, I'm more there for her than she is for me. Lucky for me, I have Isiah just as much as she does. He's an amazing guy, and an amazing friend to both of us. He seems more to be Aaliyah's friend than mine, but I know he loves me just as much as he does with her. Now, I also have you diary. I'll tell you everything, the good the bad, and hopefully I'll stop drowning in my own thoughts.

I felt terrible after reading her first entry, and it's crazy for me to think of. That's how I made my sister feel, and she was still this amazing person with me. I wanted to stop reading, but I kept going.

Dear Diary,

Today I think I met the man of my dreams. His name is Lucas, and he's kind of a bad boy I think. He's a rebel. He's new to school, and he immediately noticed me out of everyone else. ME! GRACE GARZA! There are so many more beautiful girls in this school, and Lucas and I are already falling for one another. Maybe it can be like the books, or movies. I'm the good girl, and he's the bad boy I'm going to change. The thought was mesmerizing. I still haven't told Aaliyah though, and part of me is saying not to tell her. I don't know how she's going to react. I guess I'll tell her when I'm ready, and when I know where this relationship is heading.

I skimmed over a few entries of her talking about Lucas. Everything she said about him was a bit nauseating; and I wasn't just saying that because I was pregnant. It was just a lot of entries about how she fell for Lucas, and she could feel he wasn't falling as hard for her.

Dear Diary,

I won't be around the corner with this one. I cheated on Lucas. I know it sounds horrible, but does it make it sound any better if I told you he also cheated on me? Multiple times. I was hurt, and the guy was there supporting me. I didn't mean to, but it just kind of happend. At the end of everything, we talked, and I found out he was in love with me. I knew my feelings were there for him too, because what we did was actually making love not just sex. I haven't told Aaliyah about any of this. As far as she knows I'm still with Lucas, and that's the way it's going to be. I have no idea how Aaliyah would take these type of news, and I don't want to find out. I'll work this whole thing out though, and I'll update you on everything.

"What are you reading?" I heard Eric's voice ask. I looked up from Grace's diary, and looked at Eric.

"I found Grace's diary, and don't judge me but I was reading it," I said to him.

Eric just smiled at me, it seemed like he didn't know what to say exactly about me snooping around with my sister's personal thoughts.

"I won't judge you for reading it, but is it making you feel closer with your sister at least?" Eric asked. I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Yes and no. I guess I didn't know my sister as much as I thought I did," I answered.

Eric took a seat next to me, and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Why do you say that?" He asked confused. Eric knew my sister and I were close, at least I thought we were close too. We were close, just not as close as I thought.

"She apparently had another guy in her life, someone who wasn't Lucas," I started off saying.

"Really? Who?" Eric asked. I shrugged.

"Everything I've read so far doesn't mention his name, but she did mention that he's Hayden's dad," I said.

I watched as Eric's eyes widened.

"What? Lucas isn't Hayden's dad?" Eric questioned. I shook my head.

"According to this, no he isn't. Which means, not only did Hayden get kidnapped, but he got taken by someone who isn't even his family," I said.

Eric looked at the ground worried, and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. Eric nodded.

"Yeah, but we need to tell the police. Let's go to the station, we shouldn't waste another minute," Eric said as he stood up. I got up with him, and we both made our way to the front door.