27. Thrash

Chapter soundtrack:
Sia - Chandelier

N

ova

Staying out of the way was supposed to be a lot easier than what its been for the past two days.

Wolves coming to my house.. congratulating me.. declaring their allegiance to me. It all felt so... awkward.

I sat on my bed, the sunset outside being the only light I had, a map of all the terrirories of the united states laid out before me, pen i my mouth as i X'd out the places i knew were pretty wild. The places that I knew where savage Alpha's ruled the land.

I won't lie. We have it easy here. Our Alpha is laid back.. we pretty much do as we please.. but there are some places like Dark Moon where you begin rigorous training to be a soldier at five. Even the betas and alphas children. Thats somewhere i would not want to be found. They have omegas.... we do not.

I placed a large X over Dark Moon which left me with twenty peaceful territoties I could venture to. Start a new life. One of them being Deacon's Uncles Pack that he had talked about going to once upon a time. As soon as this entire mess was cleared up, i was getting out of here. Half a bond be damned. It would go away once Zaryn's skin side marked Grace. And it would bring agony to my soul but i needed to feel that. To know it was real.

A "tick" sound brought be out of my thoughts as I scrunched my nose up, glancing at the window. It happened again only this time i was able to see a small pebble hit the glass. I left my place on my bed and ran over to the window, pushing it open to see Deacon standing there smiling up at me.

"Hey Nov."

Frowning, i sighed inwardly. "Hey D. Whats up."

His foot shuffled the dirt slightly, hands behind his back. Submissive. "Can you come down? I wanna take you somewhere." His eyes pled up at me.

I was about to tell him I was busy but something about him.. about what Eden had said.. I had never really believed her because I know him. It drove my curiosity.

"Okay. Be right down." I smiled

I threw on a pair of jean shorts and an orange halter top with sandals before racing downstairs, forgetting the map on my bed. I met Deacon around the back of my house, nearest to the treeline. He had this boyish smirk about him.

"Hey" i couldn't help the smile and the relief i get when i see him like that. Like my old friend.

"Hey" his voice was deep now since the change. Gliding forward, he embraced me and held me tight.. his nose going into my hair as he took in a deep breath. I think I almost felt him shift below but brushed it off.

Something was pressing in my mind that there was something familiar about that..

"So.." clearing my throat, i stepped away slightly. "Where are we going?"

A slow grin formed on his lips, flashing teeth that was meant as no threat. "Come. Follow me. We wont go past any wolves.. we will take the back way." I let him grab my hand, holding it firmly in his as he led me across the street from my house, into the forrest.

Nightfall began to creep up slowly, forcing the sun to take shelter on the other side of the world as he guided me through thick brush and forgotten trails. Somehow... some way.. we ended up near the dead end of the dirt road where the alpha lived... along with Grace's cabin closest to the dead end of forrest. We had walked across the entire front forrest of the pack land just to come to this one spot that would have taken us fifteen minutes at best to get here taking the main route.