Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I turned around and started running up the stairs to our room.

I felt him walking behind me, his heavy footsteps making me aware of how close he was. As soon as I got to our room, I shut the door and locked it.

My emotions once again got the best of me and I started crying tears of anger. This time my Wolf was on my side. She felt hurt by the way her mate treated her, even when we hadn’t done anything.

My chest hurt, which made it harder to control the tears rolling down my cheeks. Dylan was banging outside the door, telling me to open it.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and allowed myself to weep. I hated how out of control my emotions were.

Since Dylan marked me last night, I spent all my time crying, craving his company, or making out with him.

Dylan was threatening to break down the door if I didn’t open it. I was preoccupied with feeling depressed, that I paid no attention to him.

With one hard push, Dylan managed to break the lock and come into the room. He was about to yell at me, when he caught on to my state.

He abruptly stopped himself from yelling and I almost laughed at how funny his expression looked.

Seeing Dylan, made my Wolf almost shift. In the past week, I had only shifted two times for about twenty minutes each. I hadn’t made time to go for a run and I knew if I didn’t take control of my Wolf, I would shift.

Dylan standing in front of me, in the state I was in, caused mixed emotions with my Wolf and me. She wanted to be with her mate, but still felt upset by his words from earlier.

“Leila, what’s wrong?” Dylan asked softly as he kneeled in front of me and positioned himself in between my legs. I shook my head and looked away from his gaze.

In the background, I heard Dylan talking to me. But my mind was numb. I ignored him and moved away to lie down on the bed.

I was facing opposite from where Dylan was at. He moved himself to lay down behind me. I felt his arm around my waist and he pressed me closer to his body.

“I want you so much. I want to have an assurance that you are mine and no one will come between us,” Dylan said, as he started stroking the side of my waist.

“How could you possibly think that what happened downstairs was flirting?” I asked him, my voice sounding shaky.

“Jace is my best friend. I have known him my entire life. He’s a good guy,” Dylan said, now moving away from me.

I turned to face him and searched his face for answers. He no longer looked mad, jealous, or apologetic. Dylan looked serious.

“If you know he’s a good guy, then why are you so upset?” I questioned him, feeling confused.

“It is because of that, that I fear him the most when it comes to you,” Dylan solemnly replied.

“What are you talking about?” I asked him, as I placed my hand on the side of his face.

“Any other guy in the pack wouldn’t consider going after you. I know Jace wouldn’t either because he respects me and we have been best friends our entire life. But if anyone had a shot at stealing you from me, it would be Jace. I can see the way he looks at you,” Dylan finished saying. His eyes were turning dark, but it was caused by anger this time.

“Nothing will ever happen between Jace and me,” I assured him, with a small smile.

“I know that. I would never allow it,” Dylan replied.