Chapter 22

Warning! This is not edited and may just be not that good! But I wanted to publish something for you all, because it's been a week or two. Thanks so much, and hope you enjoy!

***

Previously -

I want to replay this moment over and over again, so I can feel it one thousand times. He pulls me to him again, enveloping me in his arms, and my eyelids drift shut.

"Can I ask you something?" I say into his chest, after what feels like the most beautiful eternity.

I can feel him nod, his chin resting against the top of my head.

"Why did you really invite me here?"

***

He sighs as he absentmindedly skims his fingers through my hair. "I don't know."

I know that he isn't telling the truth, but I decide not to push it. I don't want to spoil this wonderful moment by concocting another argument.

He pulls back, and plants his lips on my forehead. "You know I missed you, right?" His words are quiet, yet powerful, and I blush, avoiding his gaze.

"Yes." I say, my voice small.

"Did you miss me, too?" He says in a hoarse and desperate whisper. I can't help but be honest with him now.

I nod my head timidly, not wanting to say the words aloud, and I feel him tilt his head as he peers down upon me. His arms are still locked around my waist, and I continue to avoid his icy grey eyes.

I can't seem to respond in any way; my mouth won't open, my body won't move.

He sighs, and gazes up at the ceiling, as if he's looking for something. "I know I'm an asshole sometimes."

"You don't say." I chuckle, suddenly able to speak again. I am completely astonished that he has just said this, I would have never seen it coming.

"But I'm not trying to be. It's just - the only thing I know how to be. I don't know how to act around you - so I act like a piece of shit, since it comes naturally."

I press my index finger to the pad of my bottom lip, deep in thought. Who is this guy? Never did I expect him to do this, ever.

"I don't fucking know, I guess I'm just getting used to it. You make me feel so damn...strange." He says, and my heart begins to drum wildly against my ribs. Even the simplest of words from him can twist my chest into a big ball of emotion.

"...Strange?" I ask.

"Yeah, strange." He responds, as if he is testing the words out on his own tongue. His mesmerizing eyes bore into mine for a few more seconds, and then his hands slide down to mine. "I better...go now. I have a few more things to do before I go to bed." He adds, and my heart falls.

Draco leaves my room without another word, and I am left standing in my doorway, still confused and breathless, finding myself wishing he had never left.

***

"Polyjuice potion...polyjuice..." I mutter to myself as I thumb through the pages of yet another textbook, jotting down notes when I come across any important information.