Chapter 153 - Birthday Shopping

Lin's POV

"Anthony?" I asked, after dialing his number into my phone Monday morning.

"Yeah?" He said, answering.

"Would you mind, oh this sounds weird, would you mind going to the mall with me?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh. Sure, any reason?" He asked.

"I may or may not of neglected to buy Abi a birthday present." I admitted.

"Isn't her birthday Friday?" He asked.

"Shut up." I laughed.

"I'll come I'll come." I heard him laughing, "meet you there?"

"Sounds good, thanks." I smiled.

"No problem, bye."

"Bye." I said hanging up. I quickly pulled shoes on, grabbed my wallet and keys, put Tobi in her kennel, feeding her a dog treat, and pulled a sweater on.

I left the house and took a cab down to the nearest mall. I walked inside and saw Anthony on his phone, leaned up against the wall, I gave him a little wave, which he returned.

"Okay, so, let's get you out of the doghouse." He opened, as I approached him.

"I'm not in the doghouse." I said, laughing.

"Yes you are."

"Technically she doesn't know I forgot her present, so, and it's not even her birthday yet." I pointed out, "do you have something for her already?" I asked.

"No." He admitted, "but, I didn't take an oath in court to keep her as a child. Is her last name Ramos? Does she live with me? Who does she call dad?"

"Shut up Ramos," I rolled my eyes, "I know she's my daughter, I already feel bad, now, where does one shop for fifteen year old girls?" I asked, standing in the middle of the mall.

"How am I supposed to know?" He asked.

"You have a girlfriend." I pointed out.

"You have a wife." He retorted.

"Yes. Anthony do you know what I got Vanessa for her birthday last year?" I asked, "I got all of her cooking knives professionally sharpened."

"So you're not a good gift giver?" He asked, confused.

"Oh no she loved it. I'm great at this, my point, is that I cannot get Abi professionally sharpened knives. Partially because she does not own any knives, partially because she's 15 and that would be weird."

"Okay, how about clothes?" Anthony suggested, kind of concerned about the knife idea.

"Okay." I shrugged, "where?"

"I don't know Macy's? Where do girls shop?" He asked.

"I got V's Mother's Day present at Nordstrom's." I suggested, and the two of us walked in that direction.