T w e n t y

T  W  E  N  T  Y

「  T  W  E  N  T  Y  」

:

The schools hall where bursting with chattering students, the tedious pattering of footsteps, slamming of lockers, all getting ready to leave for the weekend.

The mindless chatter of Jupiter invading my ears as I began to gather my things from my locker. My hands struggling to squeeze all my books into my bag.

But I couldn't help but wonder where Jake is. I hadn't seen him all day expect for when he dropped us both off. Kat has excused training for tonight as she had matters to attend to. Matters that she didn't feel she needed to share. Understandable.

" Hey Jupiter, have you seen Jake by any chance today?" I ask cutting her off from her rambling of a science project in chemistry that she seemed a little to interested in for my liking.

" Yeah he was with his friends and Sydney, how come?" She asked, eagerness in her eyes  as she   Pulled her binder closer to her chest.

" Sydney? As in Sydney Bishop, that stuck up politicians daughter?"

What on Earth would Jake be doing with her. Last time Jake ever mentioned Sydney was because he felt the need to inform me on how sickeningly dim she was. How she's too entitled for her own good.

Sydney Bishop, where do I even begin. Just another politicians daughters who thinks because of her social status, that her fathers position in the town, should make everyone grovel at her perfectly polished designer shoes.

" Yeah—." She drawled out " She is his girlfriend after all." She stared factually unaware of the shock she had just caused to erupt inside me.

"Girlfriend?" I blurted rather loudly causing people to glance in our direction curiously.

" Yeah. I thought everyone knew. I mean—He's your best friend, you're always together. I-I thought you already knew. I'm sorry I-I.""
"No it's fine." I muttered through the gaps of my teeth, my lips pulling into a fake smile. The one I've learnt the mask into my own everyday stare. " You don't need to apologise." I reassured her before turning to walk down the hallway, towards the exit.

My smile falling as my thoughts began to over run my head.
Why hadn't he told me? How hadn't I realised? We lived in the same home.

That's when I began to wonder. Did everybody know? Am I the only one left out of the loop.

Since when did we become so distant. Was training consuming me?