━ thirty-five: nightmare before christmas

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

my lovely friend, mickey (barrysoallen), made the current cover for blue, and made another for briar, but since I wasn't planning on changing the briar cover, but it's hella cute and I love her for making me one without me asking, here you go:

(isn't it cute?)

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

  ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪  

     THE QUIDDITCH MATCH between the first and last Dumbledore's Army meeting before Christmas didn't lighten any spirits, with the exception of Umbridge and those on the Slytherin team. Harry, Fred, and George had been banned from playing. Draco's taunting towards them had heightened, which frequently led to Briar overhearing and mentioning Livvy, or Livvy overhearing and apologising, and dragging Draco off to shout at him for being a prat.

     The argument between Briar and Fred had been put behind them, like the one in the summer holidays. Briar's friends were aware of the scars and were treating her the same as usual, which made her happy. She didn't feel inclined to avoid everyone, and she didn't feel as paranoid about her sleeves moving up and her friends noticing.

     Now, she just had to tell her parents.

     The four of them arrived in the Room of Requirement soon to the meeting's starting time. Livvy was standing next to Ginny, brightly talking to her about Merlin knows what. Harry looked around, and began, "Okay. I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break—"