3.2 : beginning

Casey.

The same person who called Piers and told him that I was sleeping over at their house.

Was this some kind of sick joke? Because if so, I wasn't laughing. 

This person knew so much about me, yet I knew nothing about them.

The part about them always being with me- That had to be metaphorical, right?

But if it was metaphorical, how could they have known I snuck away to the lacrosse meet?

The piece of paper I'm holding shakes as result of my shaking hands. I try to keep my heart rate to a minimum so that I wouldn't attract attention from Derek or Isaac, but it was becoming increasingly hard. I needed to get out of here, I needed to do something. I needed to think.

If the person just dropped this off, chances are, they're still here. And if they're still here, maybe going outside isn't the smartest thing to do. If this person was with us on the bus ride to go to the meet, they also had to be from the high school, and the only people at the high school tonight who may have been able to destroy those cameras were us. This was probably just a prank from one of my friends. That's all it was.

With a shaky breath I fold and pocket the note. I grab the garbage bag silently and sneak out of the loft and into the open. I'm met with the sounds of crickets and passing cars. I knew I had to do this quick, or Derek and Isaac would grow suspicious of my absence.

I walk around the back where the dumpsters were. The dim light poles above me flicker on and off, only making this whole thing creepier. I look around timidly before I opened the dumpster and tossed the bag of cameras into it. I pull the note from my pocket and read it over once more. Should I really trash this?

I eventually come to the conclusion that I shouldn't. If this is real and I need to build a stalking case up because of this person, this could be evidence. 

Deep down, I know that wasn't my reason for keeping it. I was intrigued. Something in me couldn't throw the note away, no matter how creepy and stalkerish it was.

So, I pocket it once more and walk as casually as I can into Derek's loft, shutting the door and locking it behind me. I walk up behind Isaac and Derek, looking down at Cora. Her lips dripped with blood when she coughed, her eyes flickering between open and shut every few seconds. Derek held his fist up to his mouth with tears in his eyes as he watched his sister struggle to hold on.

"She's dying, isn't she?" Isaac asks.

"I don't know."

"So what are you gonna do?" Isaac asks again, his voice getting a bit meaner this time around.

"I don't know."

"Wanna figure something out?" Isaac scoffs, looking to Derek in disbelief, "Because while they were out there trying to keep people from being killed, you were in here rolling around in the sheets with the actual killer!"

Derek doesn't say anything. It's now that I finally see Isaac crack. For the first time in forever, Isaac cracks.

"Do you know how many people she's killed?" He yells out, holding back tears. "Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora is dying, and you are doing NOTHING!" 

Derek stays still, not even bothering to blink. I sniff and cover my face with my hands, his words provoking something in me. 

"Why'd you do this to us, Derek?" Isaac mutters with a hopeless chuckle, leaning in closer to him, "Was it all about power? Were you bored? Lonely?"