Chapter 51

“He’s down for the count!” I yelled.

I had Harry on his stomach, sat on his lower back just above his bum with a knee either side of his waist.

I felt strangely accomplished, pinning his right arm around to his back which was bent at the elbow. My once obsessive viewing of police reality programmes had provided me with the knowledge in detaining an individual. Despite all the playful fighting it did make me wonder if Harry had been in this position before; wrestled to the ground by law enforcement and cuffed before being escorted to a waiting riot van. 

It was thrilling to hold the dominating position for once, but I could tell he was holding back, allowing me indulge in our game. Our differing strength became apparent when Harry’s phone began to ring. The release of his wrist was all too easy for my liking, but I refused to move from my comfy seated position.

“Easy.” Harry jolted in surprise as I fumbled in the back pocket of his jeans.

I would be lying if I said I declined the opportunity to feel up his bum in doing so. A quick glance to the screen confirmed it was one of Harry’s friends. I slid the lock across and pressed the phone to my ear.

“Hi Hayley.”

“Bo.” Harry wriggled beneath me.

I leant my weight forward a little more, taking his arm once again.

“Ah, Bo. You’re actually the one I wanted to talk to. I tried to call you but your phone is off.”

It sounded as if she was a little preoccupied, clattering could be heard until she moved away from the noise and a door closed.

“Oh yeah, I need to charge it.”

The last few words rose in pitch, giggling as Harry sharply jutted his hips from the floor; a failed attempt rid himself of the nuisance. Hayley didn’t seem to notice, continuing with the conversation.

“Just wondering if you had your outfit sorted for Friday night. I’m going shopping tomorrow, wanted to see if you’d like to come?”

“That would be great.”

“Bo.” Harry interrupted.

I skilfully placed the phone between my ear and shoulder, using my extra hand to restrain Harry fully.

“Is everything alright? Where’s Harry?” Hayley voiced her curiosity.

“He’s indisposed at the moment.” I laughed, struggling to keep the phone to my ear whilst continuing to pin his wrist behind his back.

“Ha ha, very funny.” Harry grumbled into the carpet.

“Well, I’ll meet you outside the coffee shop opposite the cinema at one.”

“Is it alright if I bring some friends along?”

“Of course, I’ll see you all there.” She cheerfully spoke.

“See you tomorrow.”

I hung up the phone, leaning forward once again to pepper teasing kisses to Harry’s right cheek. It took me a little by surprise at the rough growl that reverberated through his throat in annoyance.

“Now, now.” I calmed “Don’t go all werewolf on me.”

“I’ll bite you.” He coarsely countered.

I was about to reply with a witty come back, but it was no use. My eyes squeezed closed and in that time Harry had negotiated his escape, pinning me to the carpet. It was astonishing, if not a little frightening at just how easily he turned the situation around.