Chapter 45

The first thing Bill did before the twins returned was move Ford. If Mabel was coming back with Dipper, he didn't want her to see the miserable old man. Ignoring the weak sounds of protest from Ford, he transported him to a different chamber. The second thing he did was give the female her own room upstairs. Then he sat down on the throne, waiting for the two.

After they had come to a consensus to leave, the bubble opened like nothing, and without Mabel inside, it collapsed and shrunk into a tiny ball that reminded Dipper of a snow-globe. His sister screamed a threat and kicked it off the cliff before he could think to collect it. The brunet took the following minute to steady his power, gathering the energy to float them both to the Fearamid. Mabel was thrilled to be actually flying the whole trip, but he just about passed out on the floor when they made it.

"That. Was. Ultra-epic-tacular!" she squealed, jumping excitedly and waving her arms around.

"I am . . . not supposed to be advanced enough to do that," he laughed weakly, catching his breath. "Whoo . . ."

She turned, looking at their surroundings. "Nice place. It's colorful, you've got space to play . . . a way-too-huge chair made of . . . stone . . . townsfolk . . . Hi, Bill."

"We'll unfreeze them later," the unkempt prince clarified hurriedly. "It was just for intimidation purposes and to get them out of the way so they aren't in any danger from the monsters. Nothing to worry about." He smiled at the blond across the room. Love you. We made it here alive.

Bill got down, waving as he walked towards them. "Hey, Shooting Star." The blond focused his attention on Dipper. He stepped closer and hugged the male.

Warmth flowed through him as he returned it. Dipper stood on his tiptoes and kissed Bill for a second, a chaste expression of adoration that had him blushing slightly when he pulled away. "Glad to see you, but I'd better wash up a bit before we do anything," he said, grinning.

"You boys are kind of adorable together!" Mabel declared, cupping her cheeks.

Bill chuckled, flushed. "Go ahead. I can show your sister to her room." He kissed Dipper's forehead and ruffled the kid's already messy hair.

"Bill!" he protested, beaming. Dipper drew back from him as if to avoid any more ruffling. "I'll talk to you both later."

"Bye, bro," Mabel giggled, waving as he walked into a hallway. She looked at Bill, smirk growing. "I ship it."

"Ship?" Bill echoed, tilting his head in confusion. "What's that supposed to mean in that context?"

The brunette gasped for no apparent reason, orbs sparkling. "It means that if I pushed you lovebirds off in a boat, then it would sail all the way around the world." Childish laughter caused her to snort. "Or maybe it means that if Dipper and you were stuck in a small space, there would be lots of making out. Bloop. Bloop." She playfully poked Bill in the side, almost knowingly.

Bill rolled his eye, color spreading over his face. Well, she was Shooting Star, after all. What else did he expect from a twelve year-old girl? "Alright, kid," he redirected, grin growing friendlier. "I added an extra room for you, though I'm going to let you design it any way you want."

"Oh yeeeaaaahhhh . . . I live here now," she said, blinking. "I have to check on everybody at the Mystery Shack and tell them I'm alright. And get Waddles! Waddles can stay with us, right? He's definitely staying. Also! Can my bedposts be made out of silly-straws? I'd love a party-cannon, too." Mabel was flinging her sweater's sleeves back and forth, smiling widely. Her outfit had reverted to what she was wearing the day she was first trapped in the bubble.