TWENTY

❝I have late night conversations with the moon, he tells me about the sun and I tell him about you

❝I have late night conversations with the moon, he tells me about the sun and I tell him about you.❞

KINGSTON STARED AT me intently, watching me as I fixed a cup of coffee for the both of us

KINGSTON STARED AT me intently, watching me as I fixed a cup of coffee for the both of us. I slid him his cup and it fit right in the palm of his hands. He brought the pastel cup to his pink lips and tipped it upward, letting the steaming hot liquid travel down his throat. 

That's the way he always drank his coffee. Steaming hot. I always had to wait until mine cooled down, but I never questioned his intentions. I've known Kingston for only a few months, but it feels as if I've known him forever.

Maybe it's because we're siblings, but I feel this rope connecting us somehow. It's like if he's in pain, I'm in pain. Vise-versa. We're twins, and you could tell. We both have the same bushy eyebrows and same light brown, almost blonde hair.

The only difference was our personalities. He was obviously the dreamer. He loves anything and everything about romance and is always an optimist. And well, you already know about me. I don't need to explain myself. 

We both sat in silence, knowing what conversation was about to come up. Kingston took a deep, shaky breath. "So, Dad? He's...." 

I silently nodded my head, biting my quivering lip to keep it from shaking. He gazed down at the table, nodding his head. "Well, I obviously didn't know him as well as you did, but I know he meant a lot to you." 

I laughed softly, twirling the spoon around my cup of coffee. "Yeah, he did."

"And... Mom? Do you still think about her?" 

I immediately nodded my head. "Of course I do, Kingston. But, we can't keep living in the past, can we?" 

He chuckled, finishing his cup of coffee. "Well, if we're going to talk about the present and the future, tell me about Dally." 

Hearing his name immediately brought a smile to my lips. Last night after I cleaned him up, we laid in bed together and rambled on and on about tons of things. I felt like I got to know Dally a lot more last night. 

"Kingston, is it really possible for me to love somebody and them love me back?" My voice was full of fear. 

The way I loved Dallas was frightening. I would do anything for him. 

And that was a scary feeling. 

Kingston gave me a small smile and took my hands in his. "Naomi, with love anything is possible." 

I scoffed while rolling my eyes. "That's the most cliche thing I've ever heard." 

He shrugged. "Everything that comes out of my mouth is cliche." 

I started giggling, making him grin at me. "Moments like these make me want to stay here with you and have more bonding time." 

I sighed, raising my eyebrow at him. "You can stay, but you always want to leave."

He gave me a sad smile. "It's not that I want to leave, Naomi. I have to. I don't know, it's just this feeling, like I'm meant to be running at all costs."

I shook my head. "Well, you're going to be staying here for a week, so make the best of it." 

//

"NAOMI, WHAT BRINGS you here?" Two-Bit's voice boomed throughout the Curtis house, making me laugh. 

"I felt like I needed to visit y'all more." I replied simply, shrugging my shoulders. 

"Aww, she missed us!" Soda gushed, pulling me into a hug. 

I growled. "No. Hugs." 

He quickly pulled away from my hug. "Oh, yeah. I forgot. Most people enjoy hugs, ya know." 

I scoffed. "Yeah, well I'm not like most people am I?" 

I plopped down on the couch in between Pony and Darry. I heard Darry chuckle behind me. "You came here about Dally, didn't you?" 

A small smile formed on my lips. "I can always count on you, Darry."

"What about him?" Pony asked, throwing a couple of chips into his mouth. 

"Well, it makes me so pissed off how he wears the same leather jacket everyday. It's so ripped and dirty. I offer to clean it for him and sew it back together, but the stubborn bastard won't let me. Should I buy him a new leather jacket?" 

Steve started giggling. "You came here to ask us about a leather jacket?" 

I shot him a glare and threw one of Pony's chips at him. "So, tell me, does Dally like gifts?" 

Soda scoffed. "He likes gifts just as much as he likes Soc's."

I sighed. "So, he hates gifts with a passion." 

Two-Bit shrugged. "Hey, you never know though. He's surprised us with all of his emotions about you. He has a soft spot for ya, Naomi. I think you should try it." 

I stood up and gave Two a high-five. "If this backfires, I'm going to turn you into a leather jacket." 

An afraid expression washed over his face, making me laugh. "I was kidding, Two-Bit." 

"Whew!" Relief filled his voice and I exited the house, shaking my head. 

A new leather jacket it is. 

//

I SLOWLY OPENED the door to my house, peeking in. "Dal?" 

"Yeah?" 

His New York accent always made me smile. I walked towards the sound of his voice, the leather jacket hiding behind my back. He was laying down in my bed, sharpening his knife. I held up the new leather jacket and watched his emotionless expression. 

It was scaring me because I don't know how he feels about it. He just has a straight face. After a few minutes of silence, I turned the leather jacket around, revealing the back. I stitched the name Winston on the back, in all caps. 

He stood up and walked over to me, taking the jacket out of my hands. He examined it, tracing his fingers along the words. "You made this?" 

I nodded. "I stitched the words in, but I bought the jacket."

He put it on and it fit him perfectly, just as his old one did. He gave me a light smile. "Are you going soft on me now, Cinderella?" 

I groaned as he started teasing me. "I can't do one nice thing for you without you making me regret it." 

He started laughing and pulled me into a hug. I didn't pull away from this hug, though. This hug was a special one. 

"Cinderella?" 

"Hmm?" 

"I love you."

//

I'm so sorry I haven't updated since Wednesday! I've just been busy and to be honest, I didn't feel like it lmao. 

but, I hope this update made up for it!

next chapter will be FULL of feels, so be prepared!