Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Sam

It was around ten at night when Xander returned to 'our house.' I heard the slamming of the front door downstairs and my mate's scent alerted me and my wolf that he has returned. Someone came over earlier to fix the broken door that was cased by Xander.

I heard Xander's heavy footsteps heading this way before the door of the bedroom was slammed open, revealing a sweaty Xander with some cuts on his arms and torso. I got up from the bed and walked up to him.

"A-are you okay?" I asked him nervously.

He didn't say anything, only nodded before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. I stood there by the door for a few seconds before shaking my head and closing the door. I went back to the bed and waited for Xander to finish taking his shower.

After about fifteen minutes, I heard the bathroom door open to reveal Xander in nothing but a towel. Water droplets were sliding down his chest, his hair damp from the shower that he just took and his defined muscles were uncovered for the world to see. I blushed and looked away before he catches me checking him out, but from the snicker that he let out I know that he caught me looking at him.

I cleared my throat and looked right into his eyes, trying to control my wolf and myself.

"S-so, uh, are you o-okay now?" I asked in a tiny voice, trying to get rid of the blush on my face.

He didn't say anything, only looked at me with an unreadable expression before nodding and heading to his walk-in-closet. I waited for him to get dressed before asking him if he wanted anything to eat. He must be hungry. He left without eating breakfast, so I was worried. Even though his anger reminded me of my old pack I can't help but still worry for him. After all, he's still my mate.

I went to the kitchen to prepare him some dinner. I prepared him some food before calling him down to eat. I sat next to him and waited for him to finish eating.

"So, uh, where have you been? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. It's none of my business anyway, so . . ." I told him quickly, afraid of saying the wrong word.

He stopped eating, the fork that he was holding was paused mid way into his mouth before looking at me for a few minutes, making me squirm in my seat uncomfortably.

"I let my wolf out. He wanted revenge on your old pack for hurting his mate and Luna, but he realized that he didn't even know which pack it was. That stopped him and made him angrier. I was angry too, so I didn't protest when he ran away from the territory to let all his anger out." He explained before continuing to eat.

"Um, what about th-the cuts on your arms and torso?" I asked him, looking at the cuts that were starting to disappear because of his fast healing.

"Got in a fight with a few rogues. No harm was done other than a few cuts for me and death for the rogues." Xander said casually, shrugging.

I looked at him in shock. "No harm done"? He said that so casually as if it was a normal thing for him to kill rogues. I shuddered at the thought of my mate killing the rogues without a second thought.

Xander finished eating his food, so I took his plate and washed it before putting it in the dishwasher. I turned off the lights and made my way upstairs and into Xander's bedroom. I looked at the bed and saw Xander reading a paper with a few folders scattered on the bed. He looked up when he heard me enter gave me a smile. He took the paper that he was reading and the folders before putting it on the night stand. He made his way towards me before wrapping me into a bone crushing hug.

"Nobody's going to hurt you again and nobody's going to take you away from me. You're mine." Xander growled out, putting his face in the crook of my neck and inhaling my scent. He lifted me off the floor and made his way to the bed, laying me down. He turned off the lights and soon made his way beside me on the bed while wrapping his arms around me in a protective manner. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling that my mate is giving me before falling into a deep sleep.

*-*-*-*

I woke up to the sound of the shower running. I opened my eyes and looked around, trying to find Xander when I felt that he wasn't in bed with me.

The bathroom door flung open to reveal Xander in a towel. I looked away feeling my face heat up when he let out a chuckle. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I did my business and brushed my teeth before heading out. I saw Xander sitting on the bed reading some files. I went into his closet and tried to find something that will fit my small frame.

I got out of the closet and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. On my way there, I saw Blake, Liam, and another guy sitting on the couch playing a game. They looked up when they heard me coming down the stairs.

"Good morning Sam," Blake greeted taking his eyes off the game to look at me.

"Good morning," Liam and the unknown guy greeted without looking at me, too focused on their game.

I greeted them back and continued making my way to the kitchen to make breakfast. I decided to make some bacon, eggs, and toast for all of us.

After a few minutes, I was finished making breakfast. I heard the guys pausing their games and running towards the kitchen after smelling the food. I also heard Xander's coming down the stairs and greeting the guys in the living room.

I called them once I was finished preparing the food and we started eating breakfast together.

"Sam, this is Scott and he will be your personal guard whenever I'm not around. I need my Beta and third in command with me at work, so Liam and Blake can't guard you." Xander said pointing at Scott.

"Hello Luna," Scott greeted, bowing his head as a sign of submission.

"Hello, I'm Sam. You don't have to call me Luna, just Sam." I said, giving him a smile. I felt Xander's arm wrapping my waist and him pulling me against his hard chest.

"I have to go now and I'm taking Blake and Liam with me. I'll be back at around eight tonight, okay?" Xander said giving me a kiss on the forehead making me blush and my wolf howl with joy. He chuckled before leaving the house with Blake and Liam following him behind.

"So, Sam. Do you want to play some video games?" Scott said, giving me a mischievous smile.

"Uh, I'm not that good at video games," I replied.

"So? We can still play, but just know that I'll probably win so you better watch out," Scott said with a grin making me laugh at how he looks.

"Okay then," I said, making my way to the couch and waiting for Scott to finish setting up the game. I always see some guys back at my old pack playing video games and I would always watch without them knowing. And my brothers taught me how to play before my parents' death.

We played video games and he told me some sill stories the whole afternoon while waiting for Xander to come back. That was the first time in all of the years of abuse that I laughed and smiled again.

_____________________________________________________________________