She's with me -Aiden's POV

Aiden's POV-

When we all walked into the underground, we immediately caught a lot of people's attention. No, Aubry caught a lot of people's attention. There were people staring at us from all around. I saw her unconsciously shift and it gave away her uncomfortableness at the attention. I knew that she wasn't used to that kind of attention. She was used to blending in and covering herself, she wasn't used to standing out.

With the way she looked that night, I knew that I was going to have to keep an eye on her all night. The men that frequented places like The Underground were sleazy and gross, I wouldn't have put it possible for some of them to try something with someone as fragile-looking as Aubry.

She almost slammed into someone as a man practically stopped completely in front of her to stare at her. I put a hand gently on her lower back and guided her around the imbecile. She looked at me with her wide doe eyes as I helped her around the man. I smiled reassuringly at her and she kept walking calmly with my hand on her back. She went directly to the bar.

"JACE!" She yelled loudly making him turn around. As soon as he saw her, his mouth fell open slightly.

He smiled, "well Aubry, you look very nice." He said eyeing her up openly.

I grunted slightly, but he was too engrossed in her to notice.

"Oh, you think I look good? Come here." She said motioning him towards her across the bar.

What? My eyes widened at the change of direction that the interaction had taken. I didn't think she was that type of girl.

"You think I look good?" She again though it was lower and in a more sultry type of voice. He smiled and nodded as his face was very close to hers. I couldn't help the sneer that came to my face as I watched. She smiled wickedly and quickly popped him in the back of his head quite hard making him frown. She giggled, "get me a drink, idiot."

I let out a loud laugh as he rubbed his head.

Jace rolled his eyes, "dammit Aubry! This why people don't like you." He looked to me, finally realizing that I was standing there too. "Hello, death." I frowned at his use of my stage name, though that was common for Jace. He quickly made two shots plus a jack and coke then handed it all over to her. Then he slid me a single bourbon on ice.

I frowned at her when I realized that she had to have gone there quite often for Jace to know her drink orders so well. Also, I was concerned at how well she was going to handle the three drinks. She was a small girl, I was a little leery about how much alcohol she could handle.

She took her shots before I even took a drink from my cup and looked at me with wide eyes. I was impressed by how well she handled the shots, not even a flinch.

"So are we doing this?" She asked as she turned towards the middle and watched the fight that was going on. It was between two irrelevant rookie girls. It was a pretty soft hitting fight. However, the guys in the place were loving it.

"Oh, you know each other?" Jace asked frowning.

I smirked and nodded at him with no explanation.

She drank the rest of her drink quickly and stood up, not even the slightest wobble in her step or slur in her voice. After how quick she had drank those drink, I was utterly surprised at their lack of effect on her.

"See you later Jace, you better have a drink ready for me when I get back." She smiled sarcastically at him and laughed when he flipped her off playfully.

I held her hand and guided her through the crowd towards Trey's office.

"Okay, let's do this." I said calmly and knocked on the office door.