The One That Came Back To Me

Faith POV

Buffy was the only one who ever understood me, the life of a slayer is a tough one. She should know that, she did after all die twice. However, I never thought in all of the world that she would end up marrying Angel.

Looking at the invitation in my hands, it indicates to me that their wedding is starting in 10 minutes.

"Great, I'm loosing her forever - to a vampire. We're supposed to slay them, not marry them." I thought this to myself misserably, I knew that my chances with Buffy were over.

The only sound in the room is the ticking of the clock, as each second goes by my heart starts to break. 10 minutes until she would be his, not mine. I just want her all for myself. Casually thinking back at all the great times we had together, we shared a bond that no one could destroy. The rain outside described my mood.

Buffy POV

I kept running, even though this stupid dress is weighing me down. I have to get to her. The rain blends with my tears, I want to see her. Hold her. Kiss her.

She is the only one for me. I was kidding myself, did I ever really want to marry Angel? My feet kept going, my heart racing inside my chest. Aching for Faith.

General POV

A slam of the door shook Faith from her thoughts and she snarkily said "Whoever it is leave me alone, I just want to die."

"Take me with you then." The instantly recognizable voice of Buffy exclaimed.

Faith was speechless, until Buffy walked over to her and kissed her. The truly did belong together.