Chapter 56

Michael and I said bye to my cousin and decided to head back to the cabin. We had to take separate cars though, because of me driving up here alone.

It was good to get some silence and pull my thoughts together. It felt like a fairytale; it really did. I didn't expect him to come here, but then again nothing in our relationship is really expected.

We still need to work on things. Outside, we said it would just be us. Together. I'm not sure if that was meant to imply together forever, but if so..that's a long time.

I don't know if we'd be able to hold on that long. It hurts me to say that and I know we've just gotten back together, but all it's been with us is circles..problem after problem.

I just wanna be with him. In the end, the only thing that matters to us is each other, as cheesy as that is.

I turned up the radio and drove along.

I don't know why I thought leaving him was such a good idea in the first place. I should've known we'd find a way back; we literally always find a way back.

Some times, I wonder if the reason we keep going back to each other is because we're meant to be with each other. It sounds stupid, though. I just can't help but to think this constant cycle is occurring because..well, maybe he's meant to stay in my life.

I smiled at that thought.

After a few hours, I pulled into the cabin and saw Michael sitting on the couch, smiling at me when I walked in.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey" he replied.

I plopped down next to him and closed my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around me.

It's only about 3 in the afternoon but I'm really exhausted and drained after what happened this morning.

"Tired?" Michael asked, as though he were reading my mind. I nodded, keeping my eyes closed. He sighed. "Listen, I'm sorry we can never get things right. I know I'm a jerk and kinda a bitch, I'm shit at relationships because this is the only one that's truly ever mattered to me, I always screw things up..but the point is, I'm just sorry."

"Don't apologize. I should apologize for trying to leave you" I said, grabbing his hand. He looked down at me and I looked up at him, straight into his eyes.

"Ashley.." He trailed off. "Please don't leave me again. I need to know the one person I truly love won't leave me like everyone else does..I push every damn person away, but you..I need you." He looked at me and for a second I could see a scared teenage boy inside of him, just needing to know he's loved.

I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"You don't have to worry, Michael. I love you."

He rubbed my back.

"I don't say it enough but I'm so happy I have you."

I smiled into his chest and right then, I knew this is where I belong. Here with Michael.

-

The rest of the day consisted of Michael and I hanging out. My phone began to vibrate, and I took it out to see my mom calling. Knitting my eyebrows, I answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She barked through the speaker.

"Tell you what..?" I asked.

"That the wedding was off! I had to call each person individually that was invited and apologize" she said through gritted teeth.

"Okay, well, I'm sorry. I hadn't thought about it."

"Well you should've" she replied.

"Okay" I said.

"Where are you?"

"Right now?" I asked.

"In general, where are you staying?"

I bit down on my lip and looked over at Michael.

"With a friend" I lied.

"Who..?"

"Um..Michaya" I replied, almost accidentally saying Michael's name.

"Okay, well..you need to get home as soon as you can."

"Whatever mom" I huffed. "When exactly?"

"By next week," she replied, hanging up.

"Love you too" I mumbled, violently ending the phone call.

"Being difficult?" Michael asked expectedly.

"You know it" I replied, rolling my eyes. I don't understand her.

Michael came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my shoulder.

"You know," he mumbled, his hands trailing further down. "It's been a while..since...you know."

I could feel my face getting hot and my heart rate picking up.

"Yes, it has" I agreed. He smirked into the crook of my neck, pressing his lips against it.

"Meet me in the shower, okay?" He asked. I nodded quickly, and he went off to the shower, taking his shirt off at the doorway. All the muscles in his back were visible and I felt myself go weak.

-
A/N: I apologize for the short chapter but I have a question..should I include the actual sex part in the next chapter (with a warning at the beginning) or just skip over it saying they did and whatnot ? I wanna know what you guys want. If I wrote the actual sex part and put a warning on it, the people who'd be uncomfortable could just skip over it until they find the little " - " symbol, because you wouldn't be missing anything. But still, just let me know :)