Secret Admirer [Minishaw]

The lovely AnnaLovesJaspar requested a Nerdy Harry/Popular Simon One Shot a while ago and I came up with this idea! Sorry for taking so long, I hope you like it! ♥

Harry has a crush on Simon Minter, the most popular guy in school. He's too shy to tell Simon how he feels, so resorts to leaving notes in his locker. 

Word Count:  1658 Words

~✖~

Harry Lewis took one last scanning look around the deserted corridor he was standing in, before slipping a folded note out of his pocket and into a very familiar locker. 

It wasn't the first time he'd performed this particular trick, but he was always afraid of someone coming around the corner and seeing what he was doing. Leaving a note in someone's locker wasn't a crime, of course, but he wasn't exactly leaving a message for one of his best friends.

No, Harry was doing something that was either very brave or very stupid - leaving 'secret admirer' messages for someone. Not just any someone, either, he had to fall for Simon Minter, the football team captain and the most popular guy in school.

Heaving a sigh of relief, Harry jogged back to his maths class, grateful that Mr. Newton had given up on monitoring his whereabouts after he'd started turning in all of the upcoming week's homework on Monday. He made it back just in time for the bell to signal the end of the lesson.

Harry bit his lip nervously as he walked to his music class, taking his assigned seat in the back of the room. Unlike his more confident classmates, he preferred to keep his head down and work quietly, having learned the hard way that drawing attention to himself only got him abused more. His seat in the back also allowed him to stare at Simon for most of the period, since Simon sat across the room and one row forward from him.

"He said that seeing me smile makes his day!" Simon was gushing as he and Josh Bradley entered the room, a wrinkled piece of notebook paper in his hands. "and how my laugh is like music to his ears and he want to hear it more often."

Josh raised an eyebrow. "So this guy just leaves you anonymous love letters? That doesn't explain how head over heels you are for him. You don't even know who it is." Josh said as they took their seats, semi-confused as usual.

"I kind of like the mystery," Simon said, twisting around in his seat to look at Josh, who was in the same row as Harry. "Instead of love at first sight, it's love at first..." he pondered for a second before his eyes lit up, "Love at first write." Josh rolled his eyes at Simon's lame pun, while Harry had to physically bite his lip to hold back his laughter.

"You ever gonna try and figure out who he is?" JJ Olatunji, the guy sat next to Simon, asked, curiosity lacing his voice. 

Oh God.

"I've been thinking about it," Simon said, making Harry's heart stop. "I'm just not sure where to begin, though, you know? My secret admirer has done a good job at staying secret."

"You could put out a missing person's report!" JJ said enthusiastically, causing Simon to shake his head.

Josh snorted. "Yeah, offer a reward, like -"

"A cheeky blowjob!" JJ cut in. 

"I was gonna say money or something," he trailed off. "Jide, you sure you're not the gay one, mate?" Josh asked, a serious expression upon his face. 

"Nah Josh, that's you," JJ shot back.

Simon rolled his eyes at the two boys' friendly banter and turned around in his seat as Mr Newton started to call names and fill in the register. Harry tried not to panic.