(43) Hair

HI YO CRAZEEPS!

Another update? What? I just updated 3 parts 3 days ago, and now I'm updating again? Is there a catch?

-Nope 😊 I just really love you guys!

Plus... this book is ending soon... really soon...

Thank you for all the support, the love, the votes, the reads and the comments!

ENJOY 😊

~-~

"Cheese?"

"No thank you."

"BBQ?"

"Nah."

"Plain?"

"Nope."

"Sour Cream?" Charlie asked, raising the green junk food.

I bit my lip, "Hmm, that could work." I nodded, grabbing the Piatos from his grasp and putting it in the cart. "What else?"

He grinned, walking back beside me and wrapping an arm around me in the process, "I don't know, girlfriend. Do you have any special requests, girlfriend?"

Yes, he emphasized the word 'girlfriend'.

"No." I chuckled while getting out of his arms. "Let's not do PDA, Charlie."

I glanced at the old lady frowning at us from the vegetable portion of the grocery store.

He scoffed, "She's just jealous because she can't have this." He pointed at himself from head to toe, which made me snort.

"Oh please, she's quite lucky."

He rolled his eyes and pushed the pushcart towards the cashier.

"By the way, Vanch."

"Yes?"

"I need to change into my suit soon." He paused, "Our break is ending shortly."

~-~

"Hey, Vanchel?" Riley asked while I grabbed her hairbrush and brushed it on her hair.

"Yes, Riles?"

"Do you love my brother?"

I smiled, "Pretty much."

"Does pretty much means yes?"

"Pretty much means yes to the highest level of yes."

She giggled, "You're cheesy."

I shrugged, "You asked."

"Hey, Chel?"

"Yes, Riley?"

"Is Charlie your first love?"

Without hesitation, I answered her. "Yes."

"What you and my brother have is amazing."

"Hmm?"

"I mean... Your love story is so cliché. Your first love was the person who was destined to be yours." She paused, "Kids, like me, usually fall in love with another person, specifically the famous and handsome guy in the whole school. Their personality isn't even in our option."

True that.

She chuckled and continued, "That's just puppy love, don't worry. When we grow up, we'd move on and realize that attitude is always better than their looks. But... there are also times where we simply fall in love with them and keeps on hoping that they're that guy's destined one."

I smirked, "You sound like you really know what you're talking about."

She suddenly turned around, making me pull the brush off of her hair, "I'm still in love with Jay, aren't I?"

Jay Emmerson may or may not be the most popular guy on their campus, well, according to Riley, he is. Riley Langston had a crush on him since they were... well, born. So I guess what she said has a point.

I gave her a sheepish grin, "Yes, yes you are."

She sighed and turned around again, making me continue to brush her hair. "I'm jealous."

"Wha-? Why?"

"I wish I fell in love with a boy who loves me back too..." She murmured silently, "I wish I was beautiful like those girls he liked. I wish he wakes up soon and realizes that I belong to him as he belongs to me." The way she said it made my heart cry out for her.

"Listen up, Riles." I put the hairbrush down and walked in front of her, kneeling on my knees and taking a strand of her hair behind her right ear. "You're beautiful."

She shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes, "Am I?"

"You are." I told her honestly, "Plus, I love Jay and all, but if he doesn't see you, then don't wait for him. Don't wait for him."

"You waited for Charlie."

"Charlie is my best friend," I explained, "And Charlie doesn't know that I loved him for years. In your situation, Jay does." I sighed, "But he doesn't even want to acknowledge it."

She smiled sadly, "He doesn't even want to acknowledge my existence."

I clenched my teeth, "See? More ways to move on from him!"

"But I love him, Chel." She grinned happily but tears were still falling from her eyes, "I'd wait for him." Then she chuckled, "To infinity and beyond!" She quoted Buzz Lightyear's catchphrase.

I smiled sadly and nodded in understanding.

Been there, done that.