Part 5

Ruthless Obsession

Ruthless Obsession
.........,.........................

"Mam.., iam sorry that i thought of u as my helper to clean the store room.... i really don't know that you work here.."
......said the old man vth sad face.
Lathika is still not in her senses... Nivaans words are still echoing in her ears and she is sweating..
"No.. sir.. u r nt on fault... and i dnt work here anymore..."
.....said lathika and wiped her tears.
..............
"This is nt right... how can these people use someone's talent in the name of another one.
Writing is the only skill i was gifted and that story is my own experience towards my life...
How can some one else take away my skill on their name...
Iam nt going to tolerate it..  i will  search for another job... "
.....lathika comforted herself and wiped her tears...
She adjusted her frames one more tym and headed towards Nivaans cabin.
...........
But... then her phone started ringing in her handbag....
Life would be simple for her if she didnt get that call ... bt  God has lots of plans in him to get them closer....
.......
Lathika stopped  right there and lifted the call as it was frm her auntie.

Auntie : helloo.. lathika.., good news for us... Mr. Sharma  just caled us and said that our Ananya is getting good matches for marriage and most of them are willing to to see Ananya and get things finalized..

Lathika : ohh... auntie... iam so happy.. i said u na.., Our Ananya is a girl in dreams and  she deserves all this..
.....said lathika reciprocating the excitmnt vth vch her auntie talked...

Auntie : but.., lathika.. there is one thing  that's bothering me..  we are now nt in a financially stabled state and ur father is in such condition.., and now ananyas marriage... how can you manage all this... i think i need to start working frm now on..,  bcz u too need sme helping hand to support the family..,, right...??!
.......she said vth slow tone and spoke very gently..

Lathika has ntng to say now..., and she just looked at the offer letter in her hand  and then said..,
" Auntie.. pls dnt worry abt it.. iam now paid vth big sum and we will all get back to our past tymes once i start working here.. n u pls dnt think of working anywhere...
Just take care of you and family... i will be sending enough money to your account vth vch we can start  dads  advanced treatment... And  you just start writing the marriage lists frm now on...  i will  soon start sending you money.."
........said lathika vth such confidence in her tone that her auntie soon agreed vth her and blessed her.
..............
Lathika cut the call and leaned towards the store rom door handling the offer letter in hands and closed her eyes....
" I need to support my family at any cost.. Dad needs beat treatmnt so that he becomes well  in ananyas marriage... yes... i need to take this job..
..............
Lathika noticed a broken mirror  on the floor and she can see her own image in it.
"And 'He' is right... I dnt look good and may be my writings wont  get that importance if i become the cover writer on the book..
All i need now  is money and  yes... iam hapy that atleast my writings would be published all over the country vth 'Sinha grp' tagline.."
......lathika thought to herself and   breathing heavily she started taking her every step forward  in her new life and reached Nivaans cabin..
..............
Lathika is now inside that chilling cabin again .., bt the difference is she is sweating now.
She is still looking down at the polished floor in the cabin as she  is still fiddling vth her emotions..
That's when her eyes focussed on the golden engraved name plate on the desk  and then she saw his name..,
'Mr. Nivaan Sinha, CEO'
.............
" Soo  Miss. Menon.., ur tym is up... speak up ur decision..
U wanna join or you wanna leave vth this cheque..??!! "
.....said Nivaan holding a cheque in his hands..
............
" Sir..., i will accept ur offer...
I... i am wiling to be the Ghost writer frm now on... "
.......said lathika  stressing her everyword and  closing her fist.
.......
Nivaan know that this would happen..... He judged her right in his opinion...
But he  is feeling different now.. He is nt hapy by her answer...
Though he expected her decision before..., he somewhere wished  his judgement to be proved wrong.....
........................
"Mr.Jayanth.., come to my cabin now..."
....said Nivaan in the land line phn.., and within a minute Jayanth came inside and stood before them.
Nivaan gave look to lathika whoz still staring on the marbled floor and said..t
" take this girl away frm me.. frm now on.., she works for us as a ghost writer and get this girl knw abt the rules of SPH.."
....said Nivaan and started concentrating on his laptop again as if no one exist before him...
..............
" i know u r feeling bad now... but trust me..,  SPH is known for its warmness towards the newbies.. n pls dnt bad abt Nivaan sirs harsh words.. He is brought up all alone with no one to pamper him..  Prataap sir was very busy in extending Sinha grp during Nivaan sir's childhood..
N yeaa.. iam Jayanth raj., the manager of SPH.. and hearty welcome to you miss. Lathika.., i became a fan of ur writing.."
......said Jayanth and extended his hand towarda Lathika.

Lathika.., smiled heartily for the first tym after many hours and said.,
"Jayanth sir.., can i take leave now.. as i was said onky to rwport here by 10 and soo i kept all my luggage at waiting room in  Manali station.. "
.....said lathika and looked at Jayanth expecting a positive reply.
Jayanth smiled at her and said..,
" yes... it's fine..  u r free for now... and here is ur Id..  we made it days before as we are expecting u to work for us.. Have a nyc day lathika.."
.......said Jayanth and gave her the ID..
..............
Lathika  quickly picked a cab frm there and  left for Manali station to   collect her luggage...
Frm there she found a rented room near her office vth the help of the station master.
She then shifted her luggage in that 2 room house.., which looked old and worn out.., but she felt happy as she can view all the natural scenaries frm the windows of the house..
All in all it's a small house vth many elements that touch our heart and only a writer or a creative mind can  feel its importance...
Though the streets are narrow there and  vth stuffed houses everywhere.., it still seemed a nyc place for her vth good rent that  she can  bear for ever..
...........
It took 3hours for her to clean the 2 rooms and make it a nyc place to live..
She then laid on the bed there and thought about all the things that happened vth her on her first day in Himachal pradesh...
..........
"Everything is set now.... May be God wants to save me frm all the attention  by being a ghost writer... yes.. people only  wish to see beautiful and appealing faces..
I think Nivaan sir is right... I have to support my family and this job makes everything fine in our lives...
Finally..., i got clear view abt everything and iam happy..."
......lathika smiled herself and  slept there as she felt tired after such hectic day....

................

Next part precap

" Attention everyone... i wanna throw a party to all my employees for their gratitude towards SPH and also to make us all unite  so as to  increase our market level  by maintaining friendly atmosphere here...  enjoy the party tomorrow evng and Jayanth will tell u the venue..  thanku all.."
.....said Nivaan standing at the centre in his office and speaking in such accent that everyone wished to listen more frm him...
........

And dnt miss the next part precap... Awaited twist in it... :)
Hope u lyk it :)
Comment ur views...  :)