Part One

A/N: IMPORTANT! Well, okay, not really :p But I do have something to say before you jump into this :) All of you Legend Fans (myself included XD) remember the boring story type thing before anything actually happens. Well, sadly, I must include one as well, so if you still want to read about where my story is going, I incourage you to look past this ugly excuse for a first part, and keep reading! Anyhoo, sorry for wasting your time and happy reading! Vote if you like, Comment if you want, and Fan if you think I'm totally amazing! (I've got to stop saying that or I won't ever get any fans... :p) Okay, now I'm done :D

~ - ~ - ~ 

 Part One

"What's a Zelda?" The voice startled Link and he turned around to see Perri, the young-looking woman who took him in along with three other children who didn't have homes. "You were mumbling something about Zelda and Triforce while you were sleeping."

"Just a dream." He muttered, walking toward the front door.

"Link?" Came another, sleepier voice beside him. He glanced down to a little girl in a white dress with a old brown teddy bear in hand. "Do you have to go today?"

Link nodded, smiling slightly, reassuring her he'd be back in a little while and messing up his little sister, Leera's, blonde hair before going out the door.

Once outside he pulled on his worn brown boots and set out for a long walk up Torsain mountain. First he went across the grass to his neighbor, Bruk's house.

"Sleep in?" Bruk asked when he opened the door to smile jokingly at Link. "We're late, we've got to get going. Go fetch Bellatrine while I get the supplies."

Link nodded and walked briskly down the way to Bellatrine and her mother's house. Bellatrine was leaving the house as he came up the walk. "Link!" Bellatrine said happily. "Sorry, I slept in." She pulled on her left boot and then took a ribbon from her brown pant's pocket, tying her hair back. "Let's get going. We won't finish with any daylight left at this rate."

Bellatrine took the lead and Link followed after her back to Bruk's house. "Grab your things, and head to the well. I just need to grab something."

Bruk went back into his house and Bellatrine and Link took up their supplies. After a minute or so they were ready with long poles lined along their shoulders with wooden buckets on either end. Bellatrine had only one of these while Link had two.

They set out to the east of Torsain where the mountain made it's home some 1000 years ago. Link thought about the history of Torsain as he walked.

- - -

Torsain was once the home of a nameless tribe of people living on a small hill. The people there were the of the most peaceful and harmonious of all mankind. They lived to work together, to prosper in and of themselves.

But, as with all peaceful peoples, they were attacked by a large band of thieves and murderers known as the Evalkia. The Evalkians laid waste to the tribe, killing all and sparing only the working class. The Evalkians forced the tribal people to grow crops and hunt for them, hungry and weak, the tribesmen often grew sick or became injured. The Evalkians tortured them before killing them.

The Evalkians lived off of these tribal people for many months in good health and lavished in riches that came from the profits of the tribes hard work.

Then, as if a gift from the gods, the hill they lived on began to rise. Slowly at first, but then, days later, when all the tribes people were out in the fields harvesting crops, the hill began to shake and tremble. Everyone watched in awe as the hill rose up taller from the ground, the ground quaking in its wake. It rose for days. The tribal people thought it would rise until it reached the clouds, but then hours later, it stopped.

The mountain had rose so quickly that it separated the Evalkians from the tribe, and had rose so steeply that none could climb it.

The tribe rejoiced and tales began to manifest of the God, Torsain, who made the mountain rise. They told of how the God made the mountain so steep that only Torsain himself could climb it, and with time, this proved to be true, as none could reach the tribes people beyond Torsain's mountain. The tribe took on the title of Torsain's People, and as they grew and their population flourished, they became known as Torsain village.

Five hundred years later, as the sun set over Torsain Mountain, the people watched as a figure appeared on top, having reached it from the other side.

The people rejoiced as the figure came down the mountain, thinking that Torsain himself had come to see them. The man let them believe so, never revealing his true identity to the Torsainian's, and when the man died, the Torsainian's believed that Torsain had gone back to the skies, to watch over them.

Ever since then, the image of the God Torsain wore green clothing and either bore a sword and shield, though depicted with many other various traits, or held a large wooden flute, playing music as he always did while he lived with the people of Torsain.

- - -

"Link?" Bellatrine said as they reached the foot of the mountain, and then spoke when he didn't answer. She knew he was listening. "I wonder if I'll ever leave this place." She said. "I remember, when we were kids, we used to dream about leaving Torsain, of climbing over the mountain and just running away." She looked at him. "Do you ever dream that way anymore?"

Link nodded. "I do." She said. "I know that everyone thinks this mountain is here to protect us from invaders and the Evalkians, but, with the mountain so steep, we can't get out either." She looked up towards the sky. "Sometimes I just wish I could get out of this place." She laughed. "It's ridiculous. We both know that I'd have to sprout wings and fly to get out of here." She shook her head and looked ahead again. "Everyone knows I'll never be able to climb this mountain."

After a while, and niether of them spoke, they reached the well. It was about halfway up the longest distance anyone dared to climb, and shrouded in vines and bushes.

They each lowered their buckets into the well, taking a good twenty minutes of time to do so, before heading back to town. They met Bruk on the way down.

"Good work guys, I'll catch up with you in town." He said, before passing them by.

Link and Bellatrine continued down the mountain and took the heavy pails of water to the houses of the people in town. They were about to start back up the mountain when Bellatrine stopped.

"Where's Bruk?" She said. "He should have been back by now..."

Link, jumping to action, dropped his supplies on the ground before turning to Bellatrine. "Stay here." He said before he hurried up the mountain on his own.