Twenty Five

Lola was sat in front of her computer after finally being able to film for her channel. She had been able to get out of going to practice by simply stating that she needed to help one of her professors with something; it was a quick little lie to get out of it.

See, Coach Kaine wasn't too happy when Lola didn't go to the last practice because she was 'sick' and then the moment she wasn't there, Alec -Coach's most important player- got hurt. Since she wasn't really sick she got in a bit of trouble for it; it wasn't too bad she just had a little talking to. In her defense, she has things to do and she wasn't just going to sit along the sidelines watching her boyfriend play and fawn over him.

It didn't take too long for Alec's shoulder to begin feeling better, or so he said. He was still icing it and Lola had given up on giving him massages since it took a long time. She had informed him that she needed to film videos so he came up with the excuse for her to get out of it. See where honesty'll get you? Lola was almost just not going to tell him anything and not show up to practice but he'd be worried and get himself hurt again and nobody needed or wanted that to happen.

As Lola was sitting at her laptop and editing her FaceTime started ringing and popped up. Her little brother's face appeared on the screen; the last time they'd spoken it was about her mother being in the hospital and she turned out to be okay.

"What's up Andy?" She asked him.

"Does there have to be something wrong for me to call my amazing sister?" He asks acting innocently.

Lola and her brothers all looked very similar and it was quite obvious that they were related. They shared essentially the same hair color and skin color -yet she was getting tanner from sitting outside for football- but the main thing that separated Lola and Matt from Andy was his eye color. He was lucky enough to have gotten their mothers bright blue eyes while the other two received their fathers' green eyes.

"Yes, there does and you have 10 seconds to tell me what it is before I hang up." Lola says to her brother.

"Okay fine. I may or may not have told mom and dad that I was going to tour your campus..." He trails off.

"I don't get how this affects me."

"I need a place to stay for a few days and Matt won't let me stay with him so-"

"You want to stay with me." She finishes off for him. "When are you arriving?"

"Uhm... Tonight?"

"Andy!" She yells.

"I'm sorry! Come on, you can't let me sleep out on the street!" He tells her.

"Obviously that's not going to happen, I just wish you gave me a heads up." Lola tells him annoyedly.

"This is better than we randomly showing up at your doorstep."

She squints at him in response before saying goodbye and returning to editing.

Andy was going to tour Lola and Matt's college campus. It was going to help him really decide where he wanted to go to college since he was in his senior year of high school. Their parents didn't want to come tour the campus for the third time so they were letting Andy casually hop on a plane to tour it himself.

Lola really didn't have a problem with him staying with her but it was just really last minute. She had to quickly finish editing and uploading her video all the while trying to get her guest bedroom situated and ready for him even though he probably couldn't care less if it was messy or not.

*******

Lola hadn't heard from Alec since before football practice which was quite a few hours previous. She'd rightfully assumed that he went out with the football boys but as it continued getting later she started wondering if she was thinking too clingily.

Eventually it was time for her to go and pick her brother up from the airport... at 10 o'clock at night which also meant she hadn't seen Alec since almost 1 in the afternoon. That was actually quite a long lime considering they're literally neighbors and she hasn't even heard him come home.

^^^^^^^^^

A/N: So realistically I could have and probably should have continued going on with this chapter but I don't feel like it.

I'd also like to note that at around chapter 17 I stated that the hook was coming to a close but then it actually kept going because I had a little extra idea and now here we are! We're still going on... the story could literally be over by now but I may or may not be dragging it out a bit longer. 😋😋😋😋

Xoxo
~Maddie