Chapter 14

A/N Picture of Niccolo and Lorenzo ?? I don't know who these models are. 

I glance at my phone for what can be the hundredth time in that last couple minutes. I have been expecting them to call after they figure out I lied to them. I could not sleep last night because I was worried they were going to find out that I lied. 

I have not been able to sit still ever since I turned in the flash drive. I should not doubt Rob's computer skills, but he could have made a mistake. I bite the back of my pen and glance at the clock above my teacher. The second hand ticks slowly as I stare at it. With each second, my stomach knots up tightly and I feel like people can see my nervousness.

"Hey..." The girl to my right says. "Are you okay?" She glances at me worriedly. I realize I am tapping my pen against my notebook rather obnoxiously now. I am becoming one of those annoying classmates in class. 

"Yeah, sorry." My face flushes in embarrassment as I try to stop fidgeting. "Thanks." I nod at her for worrying about me nevertheless. She is already staring at the teacher. If I am to be honest with myself, then I have not truly paid attention in class ever since I came back. My body is in class, but my mind is elsewhere. I think that is the first step to failing college. 

As soon as the teacher dismisses us, I am one of the first ones to exit the classroom. 

"How was class?" Two people flank me by the side. I realize belatedly it is merely Niccolo and Lorenzo. I forgot about their bodyguard roles. With everything occurring, the twins totally slipped my mind. They walk alongside me in quick strides. With their nondescript clothing and baseball caps covering their faces, they blend in with the students around me. 

"It was whatever." I nod. "Shouldn't one of you be guarding Robin?" 

"Oh yeah, you have a male version of you....shit." Nicco furrows his dark eyebrows towards his tan forehead as he says this. Lorenzo rolls his hazel eyes at Nicco's stupidity. "I mean I didn't forget. I just...I have an errand to run. See you later little cuz." Nico leaves in a rush after he gives me a quick hug.

I raise my eyebrow at Lorenzo, who shrugs at me with an amused smile. "I wanted to see his reaction and how late it would take him to remember." 

"You two make great bodyguards. I am honored to be guarded by you." I smile sarcastically at him.

"Thank you. Pleasure to be guarding you." He tips his black ball cap at me. 

"So...don't you have a life outside of guarding. What are you going to do about school and such?"  I worry for him since it seems unfair that he is obligated to babysit his two cousins while they have a life on their own. I feel guilty that they need to do this when they could also be targeted to. 

"That's where you have forgotten. Nicco and my school are private universities so we have different systems. We start and get out a lot earlier than you two. We technically have a couple more weeks left but Nicco and I took our finals early. We will return for our graduation ceremony. Personally, I do not want to go to the ceremony but the parents are making a big deal about it. You're going to come right?" He asks me after he explains everything.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. I love sitting through hours of speeches and walking just for your twenty seconds of fame." I give him a big grin.

"I don't appreciate all your sarcasm." Lorenzo rolls his eyes at me.

"Deal with it." I think I spot Amber up ahead so I rush over to tap her on her shoulder. 

"Amb! Are you done with classes?" She hugs me before responding.