Chapter 4

Where...where was he now? And where was-

The woman! That heartless land dweller!

He scowled and tried to force his head up far enough to see, but there was no one else with him. He was alone, perhaps even left for dead this time. Although, he wondered how, or why he was even still alive.

Keil sighed with defeat. He had absolutely no idea what was going on, or what that land wench was doing with him. And honestly, he was far too weak to resist whatever it was anyways. Heck, he was surprised his wounds had not completely bled out already!

Just then, Keil took a moment to drag his arm up to his abdomen. He very carefully pulled his fingers towards one of his cuts, curious to know why they had not caused his death yet. He suddenly gasped with pain as he found one of the injuries. He gritted his teeth and pressed on with the examination, feeling around the area slowly.

Wait, were those...stitches?

His hand brushed across row after row of skilled patch work, noticing that the dried blood was also absent from the area. Why? Why had she gone through so much trouble to actually save him from the brink of death?

Keil shook his head with utter disbelief. He contemplated various scenarios, such as saving him to sell as a prisoner, since he was most clearly royalty. That outcome certainly concerned him the most. After all, what other reasons could she have? Of what use was he in this current state? He scowled with maddening anger, his mind racing with questions and fears. For a brief instant he had been relieved by his miraculous recovery, only to be even more concerned over the motive behind it.

This land woman...just what did she want?

Hello everyone! I've recently added more free chapters of this book over on tapas.io (check profile for clickable links)

However I'll be posting them here too every few days. Enjoy~