Chapter 11: Second Guessing Myself

I NEED 5 COMMENTS TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER

My bed felt colder, and my body was numb. I pulled myself slowly from the bed fighting the urge to stay in it and sink into my solitary ocen of sheets. Ryan hadn't come home since he'd left Thursday night and now that Saturday morning was here I was afraid he wouldn't be coming home at all. I stood in front of my bedroom mirror and observed myself carefully, dishevelled hair and tired eyes peering back at me. I took in a deep breath and turned to the bathroom, already wishing the day was over so I could just go back to bed.

I showered and quickly threw my hair into a ponytail tossing on sport shorts and a tank before grabbing my phone and dialing in Cassidy's number. I needed a friend, I needed someone who could be my shoulder right now, still my finger hit the end button as soon as her voice came through the line. We were fighting, an I had almost forgotten the horror she had put me through. I grabbed my keys and headed towrds the door, ignoring my phone vibrating in my pocket. I had nowhere to go, not without Aiden or Ryan, and that's when it hit me. Spending so much time balancing between my dad, my alpha training, studies, extracurriculars, Eric, Aiden, Ryan. I had never gotten to have a life of my own really, I had always had someone or somthing to worry about. 

"Come on Adalaid, you've got to be better then this. Think. Where can you go?" I sighed. I could go for a run in the forest, but that wasn't really living either was it? I sighed and climbed into the car turning my keys in the ignition as my phone bgan to signal me on a call. I grabbed it knowing it had to be Cassidy calling again. "Yes Cassidy?"

"You're not still mad at me are you? Ada I just want what's best for you and I thought you'd be happy with your mate. I think you'd be happy with your mate." She huffed and I knew she was at her house eating fruit smoothered in coolwhip. Her normal morning snack, as she spun around in her chair watching a morning talk show.

"Well my happiness is my concern, let me worry about it. It's none of your buisness at all, voicing your oppinion is fine but don't ever takemy life into your hands! You got that?" I frowned taking in a deep voice to tame myself. I didn't want to be mad at Cassidy, even though she was wrong for setting me up so blindly, me yelling at her wouldn't fix anything. And if there's one thing I had learned from my dad, it was bad blood can soil more then just a pack.

"I got it, stay out of your life and in my own. I'm sorry Ada, I just hate seeing you sad or confused or anything but happy. I over crossed my boundaries, I know that and im sorry." Cassidy sighed and I could here a bowl clanking into a sink. "So how's the wedding planning going? You guys make any progress?"

"Thank you and no, actually we haven't. Ryan's been... busy with work." I lied, not truly wanting to share this peice of information with anyone else. I pulled out of my driveway and headed south. Not knowing where I was going but knowing I needed to get away. 

"Well that must suck, we should go dress shopping if you want. It'd be fun seeing you all dolled up like Cinderella." She smiled and I could hear a door close. Cassidy was predictable and I guess at some point in time so was I. She was going on her morning jog, she did it everyday except for when she was at my house or it was a bad weather day. 

"Yeh, more like Belle, afterall I am a werewolf." I smiled shrugging my shoulders as I made a left turn and then a right.

"Shrek and Fiona? They're awesome, you have to admit that. Ogre's, one by birth and another by spell, both kickass as hell!" Cassidy laughed and I couldn't help but laugh back.

"Have you ever thought about where we'd be now if Aiden hadn't come along?" I suddenly asked, I was curious.

"Yeah, I mean, I love him though. But I think we'd be in Paris being fashion designers and living up the nightlife the way we wanted ya know? Or models, but definitely in fashion." Cassidy said and I could tell she was hitting a corner.