~7 ⟁ helping hand

You let out a groan, the first thing you noticed was the hard, cold floor beneath you and the horrendous smell of filth that floated around in the stale air. You felt terrible, only wanting to go back to sleep, but your curiosity about what happened to you and where you were kept you awake.

Slowly you cracked open your eyes. Everything was blurry, the only thing you could make out was the colour grey. You blinked a few times to clear your eyes, only to have them widen in shock.

You were behind bars, in a cell that was slowly decaying with its stone walls crumbling around you. A broken wooden crate sat inside the cell with you next to the rusty bars. Perfect, not only are you worried about Link, but you were also locked in a dungeon.

Slowly you stood up, but something felt off. You felt short to say in the least, everything looking bigger than you first thought, not only that but your left hand felt heavy. Curious, you looked down and noticed a black metal chain cuffed to your left paw....

Paw?!

Your mouth hung open at the sight before you. Your hands, let alone your arms, were no longer human. Quickly you spin around to get a look at the rest of yourself, the metal chain restricting you from moving too far away from where it was bolted into the ground. Just like your arms, your entire body from what you could see was no longer human, but a (h/c) wolf.

"W-what the...!" you mumbled, hearing your voice just fine making you relax a little. At least you could still understand yourself. But what happened to you? Last time you checked you were a Hylian girl with (h/c) hair and (s/c) skin, not a wolf!

A sudden growl sounded to the left of you, making you freeze in place and slowly turn to face whatever made the noise. It was a greyish black and white coloured wolf, snarling at you with his deep blue eyes narrowed. It was the same one you saw earlier, when you were about to faint. Just what was he doing here?

You watched the wolf as his ears pressed down on the sides of his head, trying to make himself look menacing . But you didn't feel scared or imitated by him, more like you couldn't. Sure you did earlier, but right now, you actually felt at ease with him near you, you felt calm and protected being in the same room as him.

Slowly you took a step closer to the wolf, which made him take one back in return.

"Stay back!" He growled baring his sharp white teeth at you. You froze mid-step, ears perking up at the sound of his voice. You recognized that voice! Now that you thought about it, this black and white wolf also had a pair of blue earrings on his ears, ones matching that of a certain Hylian.

"L...Link?" you mumble, bracing yourself incase you were wrong. If you had turned into a wolf, maybe Link did as well and this was him right in front of you.

Almost at once the growling stopped upon hearing you, the wolf's face immediately softening as he tilted his head, walking closer to you in curiosity. "[Y/n]... Is that you?"

Your eyes lit up at the sound of your name, as a smile broke out onto your face. Without replying, you ran up to Link and pulled him into a hug... or at least tried to, you didn't exactly have the arms for it, so you just rested your head on his shoulder.

You could feel Link tense up at first, before he relaxed in your hold, resting his own head on you. You both stood still for a few moments, relishing in the moment of being together. Soon though Link pulled away, making you do the same as well.

"I thought I lost you.... I'm glad you're okay." Link spoke, his voice filled with relief.

You smiled softly at him, before smirking a little. "Other than being turned into a wolf, getting locked in a cell and chained to the floor, yeah I'm okay."