39.

"Hi."

The girl locked her eyes on Jaden's, not even acknowledging that Litzy was in her presence. Jaden smiled slightly, "...Hi."

Litzy gritted her teeth. "Hi." She spurted, glaring, but smiling as the girl slowly turned her head to Litzy. The girl flipped her curly brown hair. "Oh,Hi."

"Who are you?" Litzy's smile completely faded. She glared at the girl shadily.

Jaden glanced at Litzy, his jaw clenching.

Tension.

"Well, my name's Roselyn. Rah-sle-"

"There's no need to sound it out when you've already said it." Litzy's glare hardened.

Roselyn gave her a bright smile. "Well, what's your name?" she twisted the edges of her tiny brown curls.

"Litzy....and that's Jaden." Litzy grabbed Jaden's hand tightly, smiling.

Roselyn glared at their hands.

Jaden sat there with his mouth shut.

"Well. Nice to meet you two." Roselyn clenched her jaw.

"You two." Litzy's tone was meant to shoo Roselyn away. And so it did.

"Bye...bitch." is what Roselyn mumbled on the way.

"Excuse me?!" Litzy dropped her fork and stood from her chair, but she immediately felt hands pull her back down.

"Litzy! It's not worth it, okay?" Jaden held Litzy's hands, staring into her eyes. "Just get over it."

"Already?! ALREADY?! THIS fucking SUCKS!" Litzy snatched her hands from Jaden, pushing her way from the table and running out.

"LIT-" Jaden stared around, then got up and ran after Litzy.

---•

"Litzy..." Jaden slowly knocked on Litzy's door. "Open the door."

Litzy was on the floor, leaning against her door and shaking her head. She opened her mouth to speak, but stopped.

"B--......Baby, open up, please!"

Litzy shivered.

Baby.

She kept quiet...

"Litzy." Jaden said firmly. "Open the door."

"Just GO!" Litzy yelled. "Just leave me alone! I'll be fine!"

Jaden sighed. "Litzy-"

"JADEN. LEAVE!"

"FINE!" Jaden yelled, backing away. "Look for me when you need help!" Jaden walked off, grumbling to himself. He started to walk down towards his room,passing all of the rushing kids. Then he spotted Roselyn entering a room with a tray of food in her hands. She sauntered out empty-handed, and glanced at Jaden.

Jaden stepped to turn the corner, but Roselyn had already caught up with him.

"Jaden!" She exclaimed. "Hey!"

Jaden stopped, turning to Roselyn. "What?"

Roselyn grinned. "Where ya' goin?" She asked, stepping so close to Jaden that he could hear her silent breathing . . .

"To my room." Jaden stepped back a little.

Roselyn stepped even closer to him, surprising him with a touch on his arm. "Why don't you come hang out with me?... And my friends of course!" Roselyn batted her pale green eyes.