Chapter 22 • Armaan, The Jerk

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.

Oh no I just didn't!!!

Muskaan is going to kill me! They were both in a state of shock right now.

"I'm so so sorry Muski...!" I slowly said in a low voice.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU ARE THE WORST BEST FRIEND EVER! TODAY THE WHOLE DAY I HAD TO LISTEN TO ALL YOUR RUDE SHIT AND NOW YOU PLAN TO SPILL ALL OF MY FUCKING SECRETS?! WOW RIDDHIMA! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" She shouted at me angrily while Rahul just stood their all shocked not knowing what to do! I could feel my heartbeat getting fast. An angry Muskaan is like a volcanic eruption.

"You Know what? I'm done with you!" She gritted and took her small suitcase and her bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Back to New York!" She screamed at me!

The closed with a thud. And she was gone! What have I done? She is never going to forgive me!

All of a sudden, I felt someone hugging me. Rahul hugged me tightly. "OH MY GOD!!!! I can't believe she likes me back!!!!!!!!!" He shouted happily.

"Oh my god thanks Riddhima!" He kissed my cheeks happily and left me. He started roaming around the whole room screaming and shouting happily.

"Done?" I asked him after he was done running around. He sighed and fell on my bed with a dreamy smile.

"Now are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I glared at him who was now looking like a love sick puppy.

Before he could speak, we heard a loud shrill of his phone. I groaned in annoyance because I wanted to know why he was acting so strange but he has to attend his stupid call.

***************************

One week later

It had been one week and we couldn't find a suitable condo for me. After a lot of search we found one yesterday. Rahul paid for it and now I have to just go and get the keys from the owner.

Rahul had to come back to New York because obviously he had a business to run. In this one week, Rahul and I became really close. I learnt a few things about him and he learnt some about me.

I learned that his parents were best friends of Armaan's parents before they died in a plane crash on their way to India when Rahul was fifteen. From that time, Armaan's parents supported him.

"Hey Steve!" I smiled hugging my second best friend.

"Hey Ridzi! Where were you? You didn't come to work since the past one week?" He said as he dried off his hands with a cloth. He was changing the oil of a car before I came.

"Ah Steve, actually I'm resigning! I'm moving to Buffalo in a few days! You know I kept my savings in your bank locker! So please..." I said but he cut with a stern look and a show of his hand.

"How can you? How can you do this to me?" Steve said in anger and placed his right hand on his chest! His face showed hurt, anger, and frustration.

"Steve–" I tried to speak but he started sobbing making me confused. Wasn't he angry just a minute ago?

"How can you do this to me Riddhima Gupta?" He said in a fake sad voice, saying my name's pronunciation in a totally different way; Reedhema Gupta. "How could you leave your best friend?" He continued his melodrama.

Oh now I get it! He was just acting. I rolled my eyes and walked towards him giving him a tight smack on his arm.

"What is gonna happened to—OW woman? Geez control!" He winced while I looked at him with my scrutinizing gaze.