Chapter Five

He watched her slowly falling to sleep. She visibly relaxed until her head finally lolled to the side and he could tell she was asleep. He had nothing else to do so he sat by her side admiring her while he waiting for Joseph. He could not have asked for a more beautiful Bride. He had thought her good looking when he had seen her with her wild hair. For some reason the dirt had not marred her beauty; her eyes had still pierced through its grey streaks on her face and her red lips, so plump and vivid with colour had only drawn him to them as they stood out on her face. Her delicate body encased in that tantalising dress had only made him take note of her properly, her delicate frame, her subtle figure. And her hair, as wild as it was, it made her look fierce. Fierce, as in, he could see in her a confidence to speak out, a boldness, that had only drawn him to her more.

                Of course she had been terrified, and that boldness had not at first been spotted in her personality. All until he walked in on her sitting on the bed telling him she would run but for the duty to her village people. She was openly admitting to him that she didn’t want to be here and as much as that broke his heart, he found a new respect for her, because simply; she stayed.

                And now. Now she was cleaned up, and he knew the moment he had walked in and she was sat on the bed with his shirt on that that was the wrong thing to give her. Entirely wrong. He had almost rushed back into the bathroom to gather up the alluring dress, it was much better that the image of her sitting with the majority of her thighs on show and the crisp whiteness of his silk shirt only just covering her bottom giving her decency – but showing him how easily that decency could be taken away by a simple brush of the material.

                He had hurried her into bed stopping any thought of conversation because he needed those long and slender legs under the cover, that pale flesh that looked so smooth to be hidden from his sight. And now watching her sleep; she was clean and the shape of her face was clear to him now. The soft curve of her jawline, nothing like his, his face was sharp, his jawline stood out a mile away, she was his opposite. He was however gutted that sleep took away from him the chance to see her eyes – jumping out of her face.

                All things must come to an end and his staring at her certainly did when his door bell rang. He flinched and looked over to Lily. Fast asleep, perfect. Then again it’s not every week you’re held captive, told you’re going to die, hauled over to a  rock in the forest and chained to it. Just thinking of it again caused another one of his hand marks in the wood of the chair he sat in. Shaking his head he left her to her dreams. He hoped they were peaceful but he had a feeling they wouldn’t be.

“Joseph.” He greeted as he walked down the stairs.

“Perttu. I assume you need to feed, or is there a problem?”

“Both. Upstairs is my Bride and I’m not too impressed at how I found her.”

                Making his way into the kitchen he told his cousin everything that had happened while at the same time pulling out a bottle of whiskey. With no stomach he couldn’t eat food but he could drink. Whatever he drank was soaked up and distributed throughout his body – which was why he drank blood to live and why the whiskey in his hands was a delicious amber liquid with effects he was prone to.