Chapter 35 - Edited

Media ---- > “Waiting for the End” By Linkin Park

Dedicated to: NicoleGrane (I love your advice for everything!!)

Short Chapter, but hey! I updated XD

Here is Chapter 35 (OMG):

=========== ===========

I was immediately pulled into a kiss, my lips feeling like they belonged on his. I could feel him putting all of his feelings into it making it even more passionate than before. It had been so long since I had last felt like this. The sparks, the tingles, the shock of it all... Now that it all came rushing back to me, I knew that I wouldn't let Max go if he were to leave again. I just couldn’t. I would make sure to be by his side always... I had missed him so so much.

“Mari...” Max groaned as he kept his lips attached to mine. He let his grip on my waist tighten as if I would disappear any second. As if all of this was a dream... It sure felt like one to me too, but I prayed it wasn’t the case!

“Max,” I cried trembling, and he quickly wiped my tears away.

“Why didn't you write to me? Why didn't you communicate with me these past months?”

I begged for him to answer me and wanted to show him how much I had been depressed and had mourned for him to come back. I wanted to show him how I had been almost afraid that he might never come back to me again. I had worried that I would never feel the way his lips felt pressed to mine, or the way his arms were always attached to my waist in a gentle and loving touch. I had been so afraid that I would never be able to look into his light blue piercing eyes again.

“Shh...” He hushed me, soothing me by rubbing my back lovingly.

“I missed you too. I felt like I was dying without you by my side. I don't think I will ever be able to let you leave me for one more second.”

I smiled into his chest as my tears slowly vanished. His touch, his smile, his words, his eyes and most of all, his love was the only thing I needed to survive. My wolf howled in my head, agreeing to every thought I had. No words could describe how I felt to be in Max's arms again- none.

*** ***

Max's Pov

*** ***

Later that night, Mari fell asleep early. Earlier than when I wanted her to rest, but I was still glad for the fact that she was finally lying in my arms after so many months of being without her. I had missed her scent, her laugh, her touch, her eyes and just about everything that made her my princess. Looking at her, I gazed lovingly at the way her hair caressed my chest as she slept in a deep slumber.

I could tell by Mari's addicting scent that was almost permanent around my room that she must have slept here every night. My pillows even smelled like her, but did I care? Hell no. I had missed her. She is and always will be my everything.

Before I had left for the war, I had expected the time I would be gone to be longer. Just think of it. Almost about twenty to thirty alphas against all of the rogues of America. There were also specially- trained werewolves that fought along with us, but other than that we were all alone. Yet somehow we managed to kill and defeat almost every last one of rogues. We knew that some may have escaped or might be in some places that we may have missed but if they were to bother any of our packs or humans... they would be toast.