Chapter Six

The blood from joseph had cleared his mind and calmed down the effects the alcohol had had on him. He was enjoying the taste of blood in his mouth when he started to feel uneasy, like someone was watching him. Opening his eyes he saw to his horror that Lily was there. Damn it he was trying to protect her from this reality for a little while longer.

                Her eyes were wide and terrified and she backed up a step intending to run from him, “No, Lily!” He shouted but it was too late, she was off sprinting down the corridor. He sighed and pulled away from Joseph who was already tending to the puncture marks on his necks. “Go after your woman, I will clean myself up.”

“Sorry.” Perttu said before taking off after his Bride.

                He was vampire, she was mortal, he would catch her in seconds but he was reluctant to do so, it would only scare her more. But he would not let her leave him. He would not go back to living alone and a wreak, not when his Bride was here. Not when he could dedicate his life to doing something useful; like making her happy. He had learned to cook food especially for her.

                Seconds went by and his hands clasped around her thin waist.

“Let go of me!” She screamed and failed her fists around. She tried to kick at him and struggled to break his grip on her but he did not let go.

“Calm down. Joseph is my cousin, he is unharmed. I take blood but I do not kill.”

“Let go.” She whimpered then. Her fear and her tears finally gave way as he held her.

“You are to stay here with me. It will take a little time but you will get use to me and this way of living. Come on; let me get you back to bed.”

“No!” She screamed it and renewed her struggled but he was already walking upstairs with her.

“I heard you.”

                He stopped walking. His face turned to her; stern and angry, like how she had woken up to him in the first place. She cowered from him and started to shake in her fear of him and what he would do to her now she had told him she had eavesdropped.

“What did you hear?” She shook her head and kept silent. “What did you hear?!” He shouted it at her, demanding an answer and more tears leaked from her eyes. Terrified of him, but he needed to know just how much explaining he had to do. He himself was starting to worry at what she had heard and how her frightened mind had interpreted it.

“You said you’ll punish the village, that you will do something to me. That time was running out.”

                He only looked more anger at her confession. “Please, I’m sorry, I don’t know why I walked there, I didn’t mean to, I felt like I had to walk to you. I’m sorry.”

“Hush, I am not angry. I should have known that had you woken up that would happen. As my Bride, your instinct is to feed me when I am hungry, as I would you. You felt my hunger, and you must have felt I was about to give into it and feed and by nature’s law you went to find me, to give me what I needed.”